Chaper nine: a time for excuses

"Killian, stop you need to think first." Salia pulls is sleeve and looks him deep in the eyes as he tries to run off. "I don't care about thinking now, I care about explaining the situation to her" Killian breaks loose and makes his way towards where he had seen the young woman.
Salia doesn't care about the rumours and Killian never did but no that he is in love, at least Salia sees it that way, he cares about them hurting her and Salia does not mind she is sad about it but she mostly appreciates the way he cares. And how happy he has been the last couple of days. The thought of her hurting him is killing her. She needs to find out who she is she needs to apologise, to also explain. She quickly hurries after him.
She freezes as she sees him stopping in front of the Riverstorm mansion. No, it can not be... his words are barely audible but she can understand Mirabella's name, Salia smiles a bit. The two kids are in love, her smile fades as she realises, she has just destroyed that love. She sees the door being closed in Kilian's face and hides quickly, so does Killian.
A while later the two sisters come riding towards the house from the stables, Louisa seems to have noticed Killian but she does not seem to bother as she rides away to catch up with her sister as she rides into the woods.
Salia waits in her hiding place until she can be sure not to be seen by Killian, careful not to be seen by anybody else as well she makes her way home. As she reaches the intersection leading into the city and out, towards the estate Killian purchased for him to stay when he does not have to attend any of his duties as the Duke of York. She thinks of heading that way for a second and then decides not to, Kilian probably got his horse and the way out is to tiering on foot. She just hopes he will give her a chance to talk to him again and that he will find a way to talk to Mirabella again.