Chapter 15

"I'll fucking kill him," Nicki said as she stormed out the office, not even grabbing her phones or keys. Janet simply rolled her eyes. She knew she shouldn't have told her about the situation before at least tonguing her down first to keep her calm. She followed her out, heels clicking  as she nearly tripped over her own feet trying to get to her. 

"Nicki...honey listen to me..."

"How dare that little shit try and touch my baby!" she nearly shouted. Janet took her hands, and pulled her close to her.

"Honey. You have to calm down. Don't cause a scene...besides I'm heading over there to take care of it," She said taking Nicki's hands in hers. Nicki was fuming, but calmed herself just enough to nod.

"Okay. Fine...but if you need me to fuck shit up, call me okay?" she said while pecking her wife on the cheek.  Janet chuckled some as she nodded, heading back to her desk and grabbing her purse. and making her way to the elevator. 

"Wait up. I'll walk you down," Nicki said, grabbing her phone and purse. 

"Honey you don't have to..." Janet said. She understood why. After she had gotten kidnapped by John, Nicki religiously walked her down to the parking garage, and made sure she got to her car okay, everyday. It had been years since that time, and Nicki still did. 

Sometimes Janet had flashbacks to that time. She had nightmares about it, not as much as she used to, but sometimes, when those late quiet nights alone gave way to intrusive thoughts brought her back to that one moment. The pain, the helplessness. The inability to control it. She nearly reverted back to her old, timid self. But Nicki. Nicki was there to pull her out. Pull her to being open and able to talk about it. 

They walked together to the elevator, down to the parking garage. Janet remembered every step of that day. Sometimes walking down there alone, was too much for her. They walked quietly. Not a word spoken. It was a calm, sweet quiet one has when you're comfortable enough to not need to say a word at all. 

"You coming back to work?"

"Depending on how long the meeting is, probably. But, if not, I'll see you at home," she said as she gave Nicki another kiss on the lips, before getting in the car. Nicki watched her until the car disappeared from her eyeline. She sighed. First the situation with Toni, now some punk fucking with her daughter? It was too much, and she was worried. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive over was one of those times Janet wished her brain would shut up. She was thinking back to that day. That singular day that nearly ruined her life, a life she had waited so long to achieve. She heard the sounds of the abandoned building, of the yelling. The feel of them slapping her, beating her...assaulting her. she hated that her mind kept going there. She switched on the radio, but soon the music turned static, it didn't matter, her mind was on his face. The blonde hair, blue eyes, the smell of a cigar on his breath, the blue suit and tie, and the white underwear he slipped down to his ankles, the black socks, the smell of cologne on his collar.  With what was going on with her daughter, she somewhat wished she had been drugged, that way she wouldn't have to remember every slimy detail that crossed her mind. 

The only thing about that day that she never regretted was her children. She loved them so much. She had never told her children how they were conceived. They were too young to know, but they were now at that age where she would have to tell them, as to when that would happen, she wasn't sure.  Her mind went to that video her son showed her. It pissed her off, the fact that someone was willing to do that, and think they would get away with it. She wasn't about to let that happen. To her daughter, or anyone else's kid for that matter.