[epilogue]

Couple years later..

Calm waves of the river, the scent of wood and damp soil, the gentle breeze, the laughter and rustling of the people. This was her serenity.

Astraea sat at the edge of the river bank, arms laying on top of her propped up legs, a relaxed smile displayed on her face.

Happiness. Love. Joy. Fulfillment. Grief. Anger. Sadness. All the new emotions she had experienced in her 7,000 years on Earth. But why?

She let herself open, and in return she received love. 

She heard familiar footsteps. She turned and was faced with the beautiful man she had fallen for the first time they met. She smiled and he smiled back.

"Hello beautiful." He said, sitting down next to her. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gave her a kiss on the temple. "Hello handsome." She greeted him back. "What brings you here?"

"Just wanted to accompany my beautiful wife." He said with a smile.

Astraea chuckled and grabbed his left hand, playing with his fingers. "I love you."

"And I love you." He said. "I need to show you something."

Astraea smiled but knitted her eyebrows in confusion. He took a deep breath before using his powers. He entered her mind and began to show her.

~

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" A voice asked.

Astraea turned to see the man from earlier.

"Very."

"How is it that the prettiest woman on the ship already knows everyone, but me?" The man smirked.

She chuckled. "Maybe because you haven't introduced yourself?"

"I'm Druig. Pleasure to meet you m'lady" He said as he grabbed her hand and kissed her knuckles.

She smiled, the action slightly giving me butterflies. "The pleasure's all mine."

~

~

"These are new." She said, seeing some tiny white flowers.

"Ah, I've seen these before. The humans call them the Wishing Flowers. Apparently if you make a wish while blowing the petals away, it'll come true." He said, crouching to gather a flower and handing it to the gray-eyed girl.

"Hm." She closed her eyes and blew.

"What'd you wish for?" He asked.

"Now if I tell you, it won't come true." She smirked.

~

~

"I have to tell you something!" She spoke out suddenly, a little too loudly. His eyes widened at her sudden outburst, he listened nonetheless.

A fiery blush crept on her cheeks. "U-Um don't laugh okay? I um, I think I might be in love with you... I know you probably don't feel the same but I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore!" She rambled, her blush only getting redder.

Druig was stunned, dumbfounded. He could not believe the girl he undoubtedly fell for loves him back.

~

~

"You know, if I remember correctly, on this night a couple thousand years ago, you confessed you were in love with me." He said, out of a sudden.