♥ 2

𝓜𝓲𝓵𝓮𝓼

It's 8:45am. I really should get up. School starts at 9. I only live a five minute walk from school. I might get Dad to drop me off today, actually. I'm quite nervous.

Today's my first day at West Park High School. The uniform is crazy. There are a few choices on what you wear, but the once you get to 11th grade, you have to wear a tie. Dad taught me how to tie a tie last night, and it took hours for me to understand.

The WPHS uniform's colors are green and purple, which, honestly, is quite iconic if you ask me. I moved to California from Oxford about a month ago. I'm turning seventeen in two months. 

I'm really nervous, but excited to start school this year. Nobody'll know anything about me, so I can keep some stuff a secret. I can make new friends, there'll be so many new opportunities, new people, new boys, new everything.

Yes, new boys. Well, technically I'm the new boy, but I'll get to meet some guys as well. That's what I'm most excited about.

I came out as gay when I was fourteen, I've known for longer. Hopefully there'll be some other gay guys at school, and hopefully some cute ones.

"Miles, come on, are you walking or am I driving you?" my dad calls.

"Oh, hold on, Dad!" I say, getting my bag together, "can you drop me off?" I say. I'm very nervous, so if he drops me off, it'll be a bit.. I don't know, but I'd rather that.

"Alright, meet you in the car. Hurry, I have to go to work." he grabs his keys and runs out to the car. I follow him.

♡♡

"You excited, Miles?" my dad asks. I'm looking out my window, with my hand holding my chin up, and elbow against the door.

"Yeah, I guess..." I say, "think there'll be some cute boys?" I ask. He laughs.

"Yeah, I think so." he stops the car. "Have a good day! Make some friends for me!" I get out and shut the door behind me.

There are people everywhere. It's great! I approach the front office and sign my name on a few forms, then a lady takes me to a classroom.

"This is your teacher, Mr. Winslow." she says.

"Hello, Miles." Mr. Winslow says with a cheery smile.

"Hi..." I reply, barely audible. 

"Come and take a seat next to.." he scans the room. "Felix." a boy with fluffy black hair shoots his head up and looks at me. 

I run my hands through my hair and sit on the free desk next to Felix. "Hi," I say. He smiles at me and looks back at the teacher.