Ch 17: I'll Do It Myself

(Y/n) pov:

(Y/n): I hope Cipher knows what he's doing.

I rub my temples outside of the main building in the White Fang compound. It has been a week since we made the alliance with the White Fang. The day after the agreement was made, Darth Nox went to Beacon, and Yunamar went Bounty Hunting. While Nox has been keeping me informed of his progress, Yunamar has gone almost completely silent. However, Yunamar isn't the one that has me worried; he can take care of himself.

Apparently, Cipher left for Atlas yesterday to join the Atlesian military. Earlier this morning, an officer saw Cipher's ship return to the Desolator. Ensign Temple came out of the ship, but not Cipher. The officer questioned the Ensign about it, and Raina revealed Cipher's plans. The officer told Quinn about Cipher, and Quinn just told me of Cipher's intentions.

So many ways that can go wrong. Sorry, Cipher. If you fuck up, I won't be able to bail you out.

Cipher is good. He was one of the best agents in Imperial Intelligence before it was disbanded. But this situation is extremely fragile, so he'll have to be very careful.

I stop rubbing my temples and look up to see the sun approaching its peak. Since it's mid day here in Mistral, it's safe to assume that Vale's clock is approaching midnight.

I look out at the courtyard and see Imperial troops unloading gear from a shuttle. Pierce and a few other Lieutenants are showing a few White Fang how to operate and maintain blasters. The blasters aren't too different from the firearms here, but there's enough of a difference for the White Fang to not be familiar with them. There has already been a blaster accident.

Well, I wouldn't say accident. More like idiocy. Some White Fang were putting some blasters to the shooting range. However, one guy went up to replace the targets. One of the White Fang at the back of the range tossed his blaster on the bench. The blaster went off and nailed the guy at the front in the ass. The bolt punctured right through his aura and left a hefty third-degree burn on his ass. Luckily, Pierce and a few medics were nearby. While the medics treated the burn, Pierce chewed the other guy out for the negligent discharge. Once Sienna heard about the incident, she chewed him out AND suspended his firearm privileges for a month. However, it is nice to know that blasters can chew through aura.

I walk around the compound, observing everything that is happening. A few White Fang are training, but the majority of them are wandering around. The Imperial troops that aren't unloading cargo or teaching White Fang about our equipment are training, exercising, and patrolling the area. The Imperial black armor is a stark contrast to the White garb of the White Fang. The White Fang are wary about the Imperials. Most of the White Fang are not fond of working with humans, but some of them are warming up to the Imperials.

I decide to return to the main building. On my way back, an Imperial officer approaches me and salutes..

Officer: My lord, our scanners have detected a strange power signature within the city of Mistral.

My curiosity has been piqued.

(Y/n): What exactly was strange about it?

Officer: Nothing was exceedingly strange about the signal itself. It appeared to be similar to that of a normal power spike. However, the spike only lasted for a single second, and it was much larger than any device should have been able to handle. But there was no sign of a blackout of any devices near the area.

(Y/n): And the ship's sensors are not simply malfunctioning?

Officer: No, my lord. We had a technician run a diagnostic on the scanners, and it came back normal.