Ch 5: Contact

(Y/n) pov:

The door to the bridge opens and I walk through. Everyone on the bridge salutes and then continues their work. I walk over to where Quinn and another officer are standing.

(Y/n): Any luck with the droid?

Quinn: Only small bits, my lord. We're able to get connection every so often. The droid appears to be laying on a table in a warehouse. Sometimes we'll see people tampering with the droid.

(Y/n): Once we're able to establish a solid connection I would like to talk to them.

Quinn: So soon, my lord?

(Y/n): Yes, Quinn. I would like to begin making connections with locals. This group seems to be a good place to start. However...

I turn to address the entire bridge.

(Y/n): If any of you have any prejudice against alien races, I command you to keep those thoughts silent while we are working with this group! Any bigotry expressed while in their presence will result in punishment with extreme force!

Everyone stands up straight. Some even begin breaking out into a cold sweat.

Everyone: Yes, my lord!

(Y/n): Very good.

I turn back to Quinn and the officer.

(Y/n): Continue your efforts, and be ready to establish communications.

In the White Fang compound (third person pov):

Ghira packs his things as he prepares to leave for Menagerie. He had just abdicated the leadership of the White Fang and transferred the title of Supreme Leader to Sienna Khan. Now, he is cleaning his quarters, which will soon be Sienna's quarters.

Ghira picks up a framed photo from the nightstand. The picture is of him, his wife, Kali, and his daughter, Blake, when she was 6 years old. Ghira smiles at the memory and looks around the room one more time.

Sienna: Don't worry. I'll take care of them.

Ghira turns to see Sienna in the doorway. She wore the same clothes, except for a long cloth at her waist, to give the garb the appearance of a dress, and a red cape. All together, the appearance makes the tiger faunus look like royalty.

Ghira: I have no doubt about that. I was simply reminiscing my time in the White Fang. And reminding myself what I worked for. It's going to seem so different, acting only as Menagerie's chief and as a husband and father.

Sienna: More a husband than father, though. With Blake being 15 and in the White Fang.

Ghira: Yeah.

Ghira hangs his head slightly.

Sienna: I will do my utmost to keep her safe, Ghira.

Ghira: Once more, I have no doubt. It's Adam that worries me. I know he is brave and devoted to the cause, but I still think he has too short of a temper. With him and Blake being in a relationship, I can't help but worry he'll mislead her. She looks up to him too much.

Sienna walks up to Ghira puts her hand on his arm.

Sienna: Don't worry. Blake is smarter and stronger than you give her credit for. If the time comes where she needs to make a choice of that nature, I know she'll make the right decision.

Ghira allows himself a small smile and nods. He turns around, puts the photo in an open suitcase, and closes it. He picks up the suitcase in one hand and picks up another case in the other. As Ghira is walking to the door, Sienna opens the door for him.