Spar

"Rey! I just heard! Your sons are alive? Explain! Now!" A thin man with glasses and a suit came barging in, with who I assumed to be his wife and daughter trailing not too far behind.

"Ah, Vincent, everyone! I would like you to meet my sons, Arthur and Jayden! They're back Vince, Haha!"

Father swung his arm around the man's shoulder.

"Arthur, Jayden, this is Vincent, my old friend and the person I now work for. This is his house so introduce yourselves before we start wrecking it," he grinned broadly.

Bowing to a ninety-degree angle, we introduced ourselves. "It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Arthur Leywin," Arthur began. "And I'm Jayden Leywin," I said before continuing.

"We're not too sure what our family has told you about us exactly, but we were in contact with them since a while back. I was the one that requested for them to withhold any information of our survival until we'd returned, so I apologize for the confusion. Thank you for taking care of our family all of this time."

This man was the one that housed my family in their toughest time. As far as I was concerned, I owed him and his family dearly. And I knew Arthur felt the same about the situation.

"Reynolds, are you sure these two are your sons?" He asked, adjusting his glasses as if to confirm he really was talking to two eight year old. He turned back to us. "In any case, I'm glad you two are alive and safe. Ah, this is my wife, Tabitha and my daughter, Lilia," he continued, urging his wife and daughter forward.

"It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am, Lilia," we unironically said in unison, bowing once more.

'You know, lately, you guys've been doing this whole speaking in unison shtick. It's kinda creepy.'

Well, it's not like we're trying to do it, it just comes out.

Tabitha gave a kind smile in response. "Great to have you in our home, Arthur and Jayden. Say hi, Lilia! They're your age so don't be shy."

The girl named Lilia spoke up, pointing hesitantly at the creature on Arthur's head. "W-what's that! It's so cute."

Bro, am I just nonexistent here or something???

"This is an infant mana beast that I'm bonded with. Her name is Sylvie. Sylvie, get down and say hello," he said.

Sylvie leaped off his head and mewed at Lilia.

"Oh my gosh!" Lilia squealed.

"Oh yeah, Rey, what did you mean by wrecking my house?" Vincent asked after peeling his eyes off of Sylvie.

"We were just on our way to the backyard. Arthur, Jayden and I are going to have a little spar. Want to come?" He chuckled.

Vincent sputters incredulously, "W-what? Are you serious? Your sons just got home and you want to fight one of them? Besides, your sons can't be older than eight. What are you going to spar with them for?"

"Oh no, don't let their ages fool you. Arthur's already a Light Red stage augmenter, and Jayden's even stronger, at the peak of Solid Orange, also an augmenter," Father harrumphed proudly, puffing his chest out.

Vincent just shook his head. "Don't be ridiculous, Rey. Just one of your eight-year-old son's has already awakened, and they've gotten past three stages, and the other's gotten even further?

Even the snobby 'genius' brats that get admitted into Xyrus academy are barely at the dark red stage, and that's when they're eleven or twelve!"

Father just laughed louder in response before he added while leading us to the backyard, "Oh, you'll see. Besides, I have a little surprise as well."