Chapter 7

Excuse the delay... Had a bit of writer's block....

    "How was it at the doctor?” My father asked amiably as Mom stormed inside.

            “Alice is underweight.” She spat at him. “And you were telling me I was overreacting!”

            “She can just gain some weight back again then, right?”

            “The doctor is also pretty sure that she has anorexia. Think of it as more complicated now?”

            I slunk back in a corner, slowly trying to make my way to the stairs. They could fight it out without me.

            “How can you let her lose all that weight then? You’ve been saying you’ve been seeing her eat every night! Is that suddenly all lies?” He said, getting up and walking up to Mom.

            “You’re the one who’s never here! I’ve been watching her, but all she does is lose weight! Why don’t you ask her?”

            They both looked at me, about to flee. Shit.

            “I’ll eat again if that’s what you want.” I icily said.

            “What else do you think we want? You can die from this!” My mother shrieked, tears now flowing from her eyes.

            “I won’t die! How skinny do I look? I’m not even close.”

            “Don’t get close then, and get some damn food in you! When’s the last time you ate?”

            I opened my mouth, but nothing came.

            “That’s what I thought.” She said, her eyes full of disappointment “You’re no good! Cassandra, she –“

            “I know I’m not half as good as she was, you don’t need to remind me!” I snarled. “Stop comparing me with her, because all your getting from it is disappointment! Cassandra’s dead! I’m not!”

            “We’d like to keep it that way.” My father said, glaring at me. “You know exactly what she did.”

            “I think I’m the one who knows that best of all! I was less than one fucking meter away!” I screamed. “And if you are so damn disappointed, why don’t you just send me to a boarding school? After that, I’ll be gone in college, away from you guys for the rest of your lives if that’s what you want!”

            “We don’t want you out of our lives! How can you even think that?” Mom sobbed.

            I rolled my eyes.

            “You’re making such a scene of this.” I coldly replied. “There is absolutely nothing wrong with me. Just because the damn doctor has a hunch doesn’t mean I’m going to die!”

            “If you want an official diagnosis before you’re going to admit you’re sick, then we will get you a diagnosis.” Dad replied in the same tone, grabbing me by the shoulder and dragging me to the door.

            “Don’t waste your money on something that’s not there.” I grumbled, trying to shake him off.

            He opened the door and pushed me out of it.

            “I’m not wasting my money.” He hissed. “You’re too damn dense to see what you’re doing to yourself.”

            “There is nothing wrong with me! I’ve lost some weight, yes! I’m not as much of a goddamn pig as I was before! Now I’m suddenly anorexic because some quack doctor says she suspects I have it! She doesn’t even know me! You guys should believe me over her!” I shrieked.