Chapter 6

CW: Excessive Alcohol Use and Mentions of Drug Use

8 p.m. The exact time the party started, but we wouldn't show up for another thirty minutes - fashionably late as they say. In fact, we were far too busy pregaming and chatting with Cedric that we hadn't even noticed the time.

"Alright, but what about the time you snogged Jasper Rawlton?" I said in response to something Weslie had been saying. She rolled her eyes and scoffed, lightly hitting my arm.

"That was a brief and highly regrettable moment. It wasn't my fault I was completely sloshed beyond repair. He looked like a ten." Weslie shrugged, taking another swig of the rum in her hand. She looked absolutely stunning. Weslie was wearing one of her many David Bowie shirts tucked into a pair of shorts - these parties usually got the room pretty warm with how many bodies were packed in and moving. She always looked really good as she had a fantastic sense of style, but with her more grown-up appearance it was amplified ten fold.

As for me, well I'm not sure if I look any different than I usually do, but with Weslie's help I do dress rather nicely as well. In fact, Weslie had been the one that picked out my outfit - a black tank top that didn't remotely reach my waist, a plaid long sleeve overtop, and some high waisted pants. I felt like an idiot in it, but she assured me that I looked good. It had been so wired in my brain to wear my robes for school that I hardly ever ventured out into the world of fashion or expressing myself through my clothes. Mind you, I had many attempts, but Weslie always made me change with a disgusted look on her face. When I was at home, I usually lounged about in my pajamas or wore the dress suits my mother forced me to wear.

"You're doing it again," Weslie pointed out, waving her hand in front of me, "you're zoning out like you've got Wrackspurt's eating at your brain."

"Sorry, I'm just excited to go to the party." I lied, knowing all too well that I had been thinking about home and my parents - or I suppose my lack of home in this case. Cedric nodded his head and got up off of the floor, trotting off around the Hufflepuff Common Room. We had made sure nobody would be out there at the moment, not many Hufflepuff's care for Weslie and I, mostly me though.

"Yeah, we should probably get going before anyone tries to cause any trouble." He grabbed Weslie's hand, hoisting her up and wrapping his hand around her square waist. Great, they're going to snog.

"Save that for the party where I can't see you two please. I'd rather not get an eyeful of that." I said quickly, stopping them before they could go at it. I pushed past them, ready to forget what I'm doing by the end of the night.

We made our way down to the Slytherin Common Room, stumbling every so often as the alcohol kicked in. A steady flow of conversation built up between Cedric and I, we discussed Quidditch, his plan after Hogwarts, and the incessant nagging of his father. He clearly loved his father, but felt extremely pressured to do and achieve as much as possible. To be honest, I was growing rather fond of Cedric, he was clearly a good guy and an even better one for Weslie. She had only ever experienced heartbreak after heartbreak, manipulative boyfriends, and boys who only wanted her body. Cedric was like a knight in shining armor compared to her past lovers. Everything he did was now for her - and occasionally me. To date Weslie meant becoming good friends with me or risk her leaving you to protect me. Also a bonus, he smelled fucking incredible - a mix of butterscotch, good cologne, and vanilla.

The sound of music began to echo off the walls, creating a strange ambiance that I've always enjoyed. It hit me then that this was the last time we were going to go to a start of the year party. The last time we would experience our favorite tradition of getting trashed at the start of the year. Of course, this isn't to say that we can't go to parties ever again or get drunk together, but this was different. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it makes me slightly sick to think about. We rounded the corner and were greeted with the green hue illuminating the walls. This was my favorite part of our parties, the green hue we charmed the room with and how it turned everyone into green blobs as the night progressed.