Overdose - 2

Nat POV

Vicki has been in the bathroom for a while now so I decide to go and check on her. I ask if she is ok and get no response. I start to worry. I then hear a thud. I immediately open the door and see Vicki collapsed on the floor. I quickly pan my eyes around the room and see three empty packets of paracetamol. I grab my phone and call 999.

AS- hello
N- hi my friend she's tried to overdose
AS- ok and where abouts are you
N- erm 289 Seymour road Blackpool. Please come quickly I don't know how long ago she took them.
AS- there is a crew 2 minutes away. Can you try and shake her and see if you can get her to respond
N- I'm trying nothings happening.
AS- keep trying for me what has she taken and how many
N- paracetamol i think she's took 3 whole packets and about half of a fourth packet
AS- ok a crew should be there now can you quickly go and open the door for them
N- yep I'll go now they are here thank you

I hang up the call. I'm so scared. Why did she do this? The paramedics ask me what happened so I quickly tell them and they inject something into Vicki's arm. They say it will counteract the effects of the tablets so she should be ok. They take her out to the ambulance and I follow. We get to the hospital and Vicki gets rushed off to resus and I get sent to the relatives room.

I grab my phone and message Frankie and Vicki's mum, telling them what happened. I then message our company manager, they need to know Vicki won't be performing.

I wait and wait until a doctor comes in and sits next to me. "Ok I'm guessing you're here with Vicki?" She asks. I nod "please tell me she is going to be ok" I say. The doctor sighs "she's still unconscious but we have pumped her stomach so the tablets are no longer in her. We also have put her on fluids so that what is in her body can be flushed out. She has started responding. We think she should wake up, but it's just a waiting game now." She says. I nod "can I see her?" I ask. The doctor nods and stands up and walks out. I follow them.

We get to where Vicki is and the moment I see her my face drops. She looks so pale. And small. It's making me wonder how long she has been struggling for. I mean she distanced herself from all of us but we just thought she was being anti-social. I never noticed how skinny she was.

Jen POV

We are sat waiting for Nat and Vicki to arrive when our company manager comes on stage. "Right so Nat won't be in today and due to personal circumstances, Vicki won't be in until further notice. Jen you're on for Howard from now until Vicki returns." She says we all nod. "What's happened to Vicki?" Lauren asks, concerned. "I'm not going to tell you much because it is up to vicki on when she tells you and if she does but she's in the hospital, in a very bad way." She says. We all gasp. "Oh my gosh I hope she'll be ok" Lauren says. We all agree.

Frankie POV

We are just about to start again when my phone pings. I quickly look and see a message from Nat. 'vicki has tried to overdose' it reads. I sit there in shock for a few seconds before starting to cry. I need to get back to the UK. I'm guessing the rest of the band were concerned as I felt Ryan, my guitar partner, pull me into a hug. "What's wrong?" He asks. I shake my head. "My girlfriend has just tried to kill herself" I cry out. He holds me tighter. "She'll be ok. How about you go book a flight so you can go see her. We can get someone to cover you" the MD says. I nod and stand up. I walk to the greenroom and grab my laptop, booking the next available flight to the UK. There is one tonight. I book it and then leave, heading to my hotel so I can get my things.

Once I've got all my things and I'm at the airport, I go through security and wait at my gate. I constantly check my phone, hoping to hear something from Nat. After a while I can't wait any longer and decide to call her.

F-nat how is she? Has she woken up?
N-shes responding slightly but she is still out cold. I've only just been allowed to come and see her
F- ok well my flight back is in an hour
N- your coming back?
F- yeah I can't leave her not now. Especially when she's struggling
N- ok

I hear some small coughs from the other end of the phone and then hear nats voice quietly "Vicki! Vicki! Can I get some help?"

F- what's happening
N- vickis waking up I think. She just started coughing. I've been taken out of the room again. I'm trying to look through the window. She's been lied on her side, she's throwing up. That's a good thing
F- omg hopefully she doesn't get worse anyway I'll leave you to it keep me updated
N- I will don't worry

I hangup and then sit. I check Instagram. Jen has put on her story saying she will be playing Howard until further notice. I quickly log into Vicki's account. I see a lot of DMs asking about why she isn't performing. I add to her story 'hi guys, it's Frankie, due to personal circumstances Vicki will not be performing until further notice. We will keep you all updated on when she will be back. For now enjoy @jcaldwell6889 as Howard.' I click post and then go back into my account.

I sit on Instagram for a bit, liking posts and responding to DMs until my gate is called.

Nat POV

Frankie just hung up and I stand looking through the window, hoping Vicki will be ok. They lie her on her back again and then sit the bed up. One of the nurses comes out "you can go in. She is a bit dazed but she is awake" she says. I nod and go in. "Hey Vicks. Frankie's coming." I say. She smiles slightly and then starts crying. "Why didn't it work. I shouldn't be here. I should be dead." She cries out. "It didn't work Vicki because I found you so quickly and we all love you so much, you shouldn't be dead. You're just going through a rough patch." Vicki just nods her head slightly and carries on crying. "Vicki answer me truthfully, have you hurt yourself in any way or starved yourself?" I ask. She nods. "Both" she says quietly. I sigh. "Can you show me?" I ask. She nods and pulls up her sleeves and shows me the cuts. "I tried to keep them as clean as possible but I couldn't put bandages over them, otherwise you guys would get suspicious." She says. They look infected. "Please let me get someone to look at those. They look infected." I say. Vicki nods. I leave the room.

I go and find a nurse. "Hi erm so Vicki, she's got a lot of cuts on her wrist and they look infected, would you be able to come and clean them?" I ask. She nods and follows me back to Vicki. She cleans the cuts on Vicki's arms and wraps them in a bandage. "I'll get a doctor to come and look at them later on but for now try and not  touch or irritate them." She says and leaves. Vicki nods.