Chapter 27

(y/n)'s POV:

At the end of the day we drove back to Kai's place. By the time we arrived back it was dark outside. Eri fell asleep on the backseat, snoring slightly. Bet this day was exhausting for her, but she enjoyed it very much, that's what matters.

Me and Kai got out of the car, saying goodbye to Pops and soon we went inside his home. Not only Eri but I was exhausted as well. We walked a lot. Also Kai had to carry Eri in his arms for a long while, so I'm sure he is tired too.

Kai suggested to go and clean ourselves so we did, heading to the bathroom and took a relaxing bath together.

When we were finished we cuddled up in the bed. It felt so relaxing and comfortable. I was laying my head over Kai's chest, listening to his heartbeat. His breathing was calm which calmed me down as well.

"This feels so nice." I murmured. The whole room was silent, and the only source of light inside was the moonlight that shone down on us through the huge window that is in this room. This moment with him feels like it's never going to end. Or perhaps that's what I wanted. However things didn't work that way unfortunately.

"I agree." He replied. His bare fingertips stroked my arm.

If he continues to stroke my arm like that I am going to fall asleep...

And I did...

.
.
.

A few days later our little vacation from work ended unfortunately and we were back to our daily routines at the hospital.

But of course whenever he had enough free time, we spent it together either inside the hospital building or at his or my place. And those times we spent together were always quality times. We always did something nice and enjoyed each others company let it be simple cuddling, watching a movie, having dinner, cooking together, taking a bath or a nap together, go for a walk. And so on...

It felt like nothing could turn this wrong and I was happier than I ever was in my whole life. And of course it was obvious to the other people around us too. I was smiling more often. I was more patient and less stressful.

Kai's so called 'therapy' was one of the reasons why I was less stressful by the way...

"Did you hear?" Looking up from the papers I was reading I heard two nurses talking to each other.

"Hear what?" The other replied.

"Do you remember that patient who died a few weeks ago? Mr Sakamoto."

Mr Sakamoto?

My ears perked up at the mention of his name. What happened? Why did they talk about him?

"Everyone thought he's quirkless, but it turned out he wasn't. He had a very rare quirk. Very similar to the hero, Sir Nighteye." The nurse said.

What? Does that mean-...?

"Wow! Really?"

"Yes! He was able to foresee events through his dreams, but he couldn't control his quirk like Sir Nighteye does. Do you think he saw the day of his own death too?" They continued talking about him very excitedly.

Foresight? So does that mean-... Does that mean he foresaw my future? Now it all makes sense. He never met Kai before, yet he drew him almost perfectly on that drawing he gave me some time ago.

But if that's the case, then it means it's really going to happen with us. Not that I mind, I just never thought that such an innocent, cute drawing will tell me my future.

"(Y/n)." A male voice snapped me out of my trance-like state, causing me to flinch and turn my head towards him.

It was Hari.