II

"What do you want to know?" Your voice trembled with nerves as a smile played on his lips. He put one finger up to his chin and thought for a moment.

"How old are you? What grade?"

"Um I'm 17 and I am a junior..." He titled his head and looked you up and down, making an uncomfortable feeling settle in your stomach.

"You look young." It was a simple sentence that had you scrambling to answer him.

"I just turned it a few months ago, thanks." Your voice came out harder than intended and you ducked your head down.

"Ah a sore spot have I hit?" His voice was taunting and you looked up at him confused. One moment he was kind than he was taunting... interesting man he was.

"Just a bit." You murmured and tried to move past him to go back into the new home. His hand caught yours and he placed it on his chest. You jumped at his actions and attempted to pull it back but to no avail did his grip lesson it.

The way he was looking at you had the hair on your arms raise, it was a tender gaze and his grip on your hand softened. He seemed so confusing and his multiple moods had you trying to get away from him.

"It was very nice to meet you." He whispered and let go of your hand, letting you scramble away from him and back to the safety of the house.

~~~

Once the rain had stopped you made your way outside and sat on the covered bench right next to the large yew tree that was planted there. Flanking your right was another large elm, just like the ones that rested in the front of the house.

You put your hand on the yew trees back and a voice directly behind you made you scream.

"Those are poisonous you know..." Your head whipped around quickly and saw that Harry was peering over his fence at you. His eyes were narrowed as he watched you take your hand off of the tree and stand up, coming closer to him.

"What you are doing?" You asked in a small voice. You didn't know why but for some reason being around him brought out a scared side of you that you had never experienced before. Just after a week of being in the new home your parents had left for business.

"Checking in on you like your parents had asked of me to do." He leaned in close, so close that your face were just mere inches apart.

"I'll be back later tonight to make sure your all safe." He winked at your nervous expression and jumped down from his bench and walked back into his home.

~~~

"Open the door baby," his voice drawled out your new nickname as he continuously knocked on the door.

You crept along to the door and stood behind it as you spoke.

"I'm fine, everything is locked up. You can go home now, thank you for checking in." You voice shook and he chuckled from the other side.

"Just open the door, I want to give you a goodnight hug." In his voice was a warning and you were too afraid of what side of him you would see that you slowly opened the door. Once you unlocked it he was in the house and his arms came around your shaking frame.

"Goodnight." A kiss was pressed to your hair and he stalked back out of the wooden door, shutting it behind him loudly.

You wondered back into your room and took one glance outside of your bedroom window before closing the curtains back up again.

As you settled back into bed and closed your eyes you did not know that the man from next door was staring outside his bedroom window, upset that your window wall was all covered. He was waiting and for what only he knew the effects it would bring.