Chapter 8: King of Shadows

Freezing cold.

Nya always hated the cold. She had a hard time staying warm on a normal day if she was to be honest. It was odd since Kai had always called her a human hot water bottle. Always warm to lean against or hold, yet she felt cold.

Even now, this odd paradox was happening as the ship the team rode on sailed through fridged waters. She was freezing her tail off as Cole and Zane sat on either side of her, stealing the body heat she constantly radiated out rather then using herself.

She grumbled about it as she looked to where Wu stood at the very front of the ship and Jay controlled the wheel.

She wondered when they'd finally finish up and make their way back home where it was warm and she didn't have to freeze. Feeling a bit itchy, she got up, making Cole and Zane look to her in concern as she began to scratch her arms. "Did either of you pack anti-itch cream of some sort by chance?" She asked and they shook their heads. "Why do you need that stuff anyhow?" Cole questioned as he began to rub at his arms to warm them up.

"I totally forgot that I have an allergy to the cold." Nya replied and Zane grew confused. "How does one have an allergy to the cold?" He asked, a look in his eyes that screamed disbelief and judgment.

Nya growled at this. "Well I do. It's called 'cold urticaria' for your information! It causes itchy hives, redness and swelling when the skin is exposed to cold temperatures. For some these effects won't happen until their skin is warmed, but others like myself gain the effects during exposure. For most the temperature has to drop bellow 39 degrees." Na explained. "It doesn't help that I loose heat easily and rapidly, so despite what you feel on my skin, I'm actually usually colder then the environment I'm in, so I can react anytime I start to get the slightest bit chilly." She further explained as Cole jumped up and wrapped his arms around her, trying to help her warm up.

Zane thought about what was said and decided to go question Jay about itch cream.

Meanwhile, Wu sipped some tea while thinking and meditating.

Just as Nya was handed something for her itching by Zane, Wu jumped up and began making poses.

"Fire, Ice, Earth, and Lighting." He stated, a different stance on the meantion each element. "With these four elements, one can create the tornado of creation." Wu explained.

"What in the world is a tornado of creation?" Cole asked in confusion as he handed Nya some hot cocoa. Excepting the steaming drink, Nya looked at Wu with a puzzled expression. "And why are you bringing it up?" She questioned before sipping from the mug.

"It is a powerful form of spinjutsu the four of you could create one day by working together, but if it is not done correctly, then their could be dissasterus consequences." Wu replied as the ninja listened. "You could use it to turn nothing into something, but it can be easy to loose control if you do not have a focused body and mind." He continued on.

Just as Cole was about to ask something else, the ship collided with something. "I believe we've arrived." Jay called out and the whole group looked over the side of the ship to see a snowy path marked by a series of tori gates.

"We are here. Make sure to grab the shurikins swiftly." Wu said and the ninja all nod before jumping off the ship and onto the icey floor below.