Chapter 11: King of Fire

Nya sat by the crackling of a camp fire as Cole insisted on playing his out of tune guitar while trying to convince everyone to dance

Nya sat by the crackling of a camp fire as Cole insisted on playing his out of tune guitar while trying to convince everyone to dance. His efforts would prove almost pointless.

Jay seemed more interested in sanding his nunchucks to smooth down the damaged wooden handles.

Zane just sat against a tree reading a book with his nose up.

Nya was more focused on staring into the fire. Thoughts of her brother clouded her mind and deffened her hearing.

Wu sat there sipping some tea peacefully. "Cole, we should be sleeping, not dancing." Wu said sternly as Cole continued.

"And stop it with that ratchet! Your guitar isn't even in toon!" Nya shouted after Cole stumbled a bit and stepped on her hand. She held the injured body part close to her chest while giveing him a heated glare.

"Sorry... Wait, what do you mean it isn't in tune?!" Cole said, starting with a sheepish grin that melted into an expression of shock and offense.

"I mean it isn't tuned properly." Nya replied and Cole sat beside her. "It sounds fine to me." Cole says after giving his guitar a quick strum. "No, one of your cords isn't tight enough." Nya sated before taking his guitar and checking the cords. When she found the problem, she quickly fixed it before giving the guitar a strum.

She knew it didn't make much difference since it wasn't off tune enough for most people to notice, but Kai had always had a love for music and made sure she knew it too. She was sure Kai would punch Cole for letting his guitar get even the slightest bit off tune.

Cole quirked a brow as he strummed his guitar a bit once it was back in his hands. He then let out a hum and looked to Nya. "I actually hear it now. I guess with all the fighting and traveling keeping me from using it, I actually forgot how it was supposed to sound." He said with a smile.

"It sounds the same." Zane commented as he looked up from his book. "No, I can hear it." Jay said as he brought his own head up.

Nya hummed as she turned to face the fire once more. "You have to know what your listening for." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Yeah, you gotta have an ear for music." Cole said with a nod. "Can't believe I didn't realize..." He muttured before beginning to strum again.

"I still think we should celebrate a bit. Relaxing for a bit is healthy. We can't be all stress all the time and music is a good way to relieve stress." Cole went on before starting up another song. At this Jay sighed and smiled as he began tapping his foot.

Within a few minutes, Cole and Jay were dancing around as Cole played his guitar. Jay then nealed by Nya with a small smile. "Why don't you destress a bit to? I know you're worried about your brother, but sitting here pouting when you could be relaxing won't help him." Jay said and Nya glared at him. "And letting my guard down won't help either." She stated flatly and Jay hummed. "True but going into a fight while stressed is a good way to loose your cool and make a fatal mistake." He said before getting up and going back to dancing in time to see that Cole had somehow dragged Zane into dancing.