Twenty - Five - You Are Mine

"Hell is loving you in my sleep, and waking up alone."

"Knockity knock. Knockity knock knock. Knockity knock, sunshine."

You could tell who was behind your door before you'd even opened your eyes. Groaning, you flipped your pillow over your face. "Go away," you mumbled.

"Knock, knock," Minos sang and knocked on your door. "Here I am knocking and respecting your privacy and all that."

You stretched out your hands, feeling around the bed. Empty. A vast expanse of cold sheets without him in it.

You threw the pillow away and you found yourself curling into a ball as you realised you were alone. Your mind was reeling, almost unable to comprehend the events of the last night. Had Tom Riddle actually held you the night before? Had he said those things?

"I know you are in there. I can feel your energy, young lady," Minos said, knocking on the door a few more times.

As you rolled up from the mattress, you yawned, rubbing your eyes. "Minos," you groaned, walking to the door and pulling it open. "What do you want?"

"Oh my god," Minos said instantly when he saw you. The biggest smile on his freckled, golden face. "No way," he shrieked, fists trembling with excitement.

You narrowed your eyes, brows furrowing. "What?"

Minos leaned against the doorframe, peeking into the room. "Can I- Can I come in?" he asked, grinning. His eyes were glowing with mischief.

You took a few slow steps back and gestured with your hand for him to come in. "Uh, sure."

He clapped his hands together and stepped in. "Sweet."

"And you woke me up because?" you queried as he walked past you and you closed the door with a loud slam.

Minos turned and scanned you from head to toe, biting his lip and grinning. "Uh," he said, clearly trying to hold in a laugh. "It's just that.. the breakfast sounds.. delicious..?" His tone got audibly high towards the end of the sentence.

You raised a brow. "Why are you being so weird?"

He considered you for a moment, rolling something over in his head. Then he took your shoulders in his hands, uneven coloured eyes changed colour for a moment as his jaw dropped. "Oh my god. I was right."

You felt embarrassment bite your cheeks and peeled his fingers out of your flesh. "Minos, right about what?"

"In a sense, he's my boss but to be honest," he began, smirking and taking a step back. "I always assumed that he was good but that good? Wow. I'm almost jealous."

"Minos," you snapped, groaning, leaking in your lungs. You knew what he meant. "Not another word."

He shrugged, a big grin taking half of his face. "Don't project your emotions so much."

You rolled your eyes and walked back to the bed, the events of last night melted into memory.  "You're the only one who knows so don't talk about it."

Minos wandered around the room, observing the paintings on the walls. "You really like him, don't you?" he asked with genuine curiosity in his tone.

You took in a deep breath and sat at the edge of the bed. "I don't know, man," you sighed, rubbing your eyes and drawing in a long, deep breath. "I mean he's an evil, evil man. I'd be foolish to ignore that obvious fact."

Minos watched you for a moment, gathering his thoughts as he sat down on the floor across from you, his face contorted with worry. "He's an evil man. But I don't think he's evil."