Chapter 8 - That Day In The Park

That day in the park would go down as an extremely important day, alas, our hereos didn't yet know that.

The group met up by the largest oak tree on the outskirts of the park. Alya brought the picnic blanket, Nino brought the soda, Marinette brought macaroons of a variety of flavours and Adrien brought some of plagg's camembert.
"Camambert," Marinette said, "Rich people cheese." Alya raised her eyebrow as if to ask Marinette how she was so calm.
"Camembert is surprisingly cheap." Adrien said, when he met Plagg he figured it would be more expensive than it was.
They all sat down to their picnic, Alya started drinking a soda, "Miss mendeliv was worse than usual today." She said, "We have her again tommorow don't we?" Marinette asked, Alya nodded, "She's going to be teaching us about the extinsion of the dinasours-" Adrien nearly choked on his macaroon, "You alight dude?" Nino asked, Adrien nodded and muffled a mhm noise causing Marinette to laugh, "We all it was meteor that killed the dinasours." Nino said, Adrien couldn't help picture Plagg's smug face in the pocket of his jacket,. He had learned recently that Plagg had been at fault for the dinasours extinsion, he had been shocked for obvious reasons, including that he had no idea a cataclysm could be that powerful.
"Yeah," Adrien muttered towards his collar, "A meteor." He could almost hear Plagg's laughter... in fact, he could. He stuffed down his collar and turned back to his friends.
"So Alya, how's the search for Ladybug going?" Adrien obviously knew that Alya had already found Ladybug, her own best friend no less. Marinette shot him a glare and he tried to hide his grin, "Oh um-" Alya said, she cleared her throat.
"Good."
"Good."
"Yeah...good."
"I feel like I'm supposed to say good."
Alya patted her boyfriend's shoulder as they all shared a laugh.

Marinette took a slice of camembert.
"This is amazing!" She said happily, "You- like camembert?" Adrien asked, unsure whether this was funny or unbelievably ironic.
"Are you kidding me? Mari loved camembert, she never shuts up about it." Alya said, biting into a strawberry macaroon. "You've never noticed?" Adrien shook his head, "Guess not." He was sure he'd hear an ear full about this from Plagg later.
"Once, me, Alya and Marinette went to this little cheese shop on a street corner, it was really good, we should all go sometime!" Nino said, Marinette's head blasted up and down in agreement. "Careful, you don't want to get whiplash girl." Alya grinned. "I have a friend who loves camembert." Adrien said, he turned to Mari, "Not you." Marinette smiled, she had met Plagg and she had heard all about his love of cheese.

The group talked about a variety of subjects, including but not limited to: their homework, Alya's blog, Marinette's designs, Adrien's birthday, Nino's music and their most talkative classmate, (who they all agreed was Marinette.)
Before they all packed up the picnic, the sun was setting and Alya declared she had to get home.
Only Marinette and Adrien were left, they were sat on a park bench in silence.
"Hey Mari," Adrien said, "Do you find it difficult being a superhero and being yourself." Marinette sighed, "Yeah." She said simply, she fiddled with her box was macaroons, she cracked off the lid and grabbed one.
"Here," She said, handing Adrien the macaroon. "It's passion fruit." Adrien grinned, "My favourite." Marinette blushed.
"Tikki's been dying to see Plagg." She said, "Funnily enough," Adrien said, "Plagg's been dying to see Tikki." He extended out the top of his jacket as Plagg came flying out, "SUGARCUBE!" Plagg squealed, Adrien shushed him quickly, gesturing him to sky lower, Plagg did so. "Tikki." Marinette called, Tikki came swirling out of her purse
"Plagg!"
"Sugarcube! They're not oblivious anymore, It's amazing!" Tikki laughed, "I know!"

Adrien raised his eyebrow, "Oblivious?"
Plagg looked at him with a look of disbelief, "Kid, do you know how many times you called her" just a friend"?" Adrien suddenly recalled all the times he had called Marinette just a friend.
The ice-skating rink,
The first day of class,
When he found Marinette's letter,
When Plagg asked him if he liked her, (which made alot more sense now, it seems it wasn't all because of the bakery)
And probably a dozen more times.
He froze. oh my god. He thought.