The Nights

Jonathan's POV

After what felt like years, Lui finally decided to call Craig to see why we weren't at the diner yet. Lui clicked on his contact then put him on speaker. "Hey Cr-" He was cut off by a scream filled with anger then Craig's laughter making Jonathan and I join his laughter.

"W-what?" He asked in between laughs as Tyler was making incoherent screams.

"Why aren't we are the diner yet?" Lui said sounding confused.

"Tyler-"

"No, Craig told me to turn when I want supposed to and now we are fucking lost!" Tyler interupted.

"No wait! There it is!" Craig shouted as Tyler left out a groan if relief.

The truck came to a stop and we all flooded out of the camper and into the parking lot. I looked up at the sign and sighed "Really Lui?" I asked laughing a bit.

"What I heard they had good music and food!" He stated as we walked into the retro looking diner.

Once we had ordered our food, we all took our seats at the tables. "Excuse me, sorry to bother you guys but I have a question." A male in a black t shirt and an apron on said. Evan nodded telling him he could ask away. "Do any of you sing by any chance?"

"Evan does. He kicks ass at Taylor Swift!" David announced with a huge grin as the Canadian eyes widen.

"Woah hey, he's kidding about the Taylor thing." Evan said before the male grabbed his wrist and looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Our singer was a no show and we need a singer! Please." He male before Evan shook his head.

"I- I can't" he said before looking at the male again. "Fine alright, but we get this food for free." Evan said standing up and following the guy in the black shirt.

Within a few minutes, Evan appeared on stage. He cleared his throat, tapping his fingers against the microphone which told me that he was very anxious "Uh.. Hello I'm Evan and I will be singing The Nights by Avicii." He announced as the drummer nodded and the music started.

I've never really heard Evan sing unless it was jokingly and I admit he can sing.

"He said, One day you'll leave this world behind

So live a life you will remember.

My father told me when I was just a child

These are the nights that never die

My father told me" Evan sang. By now he was dancing along to the music and at that moment all the stupid pieces of confusion and stress, fell into place. I needed the man who was there for me when the world came crashing down. The man I was there for when he struggled. I needed Evan.

"These are the nights that never die. My father told me."