CHAPTER 3

Renjun never escaped the horrors of the night.

The dreams are still vivid in his eyes, like they are happening in front of him—no, they literally happened in front of him.

Different nights, same nightmare.

Renjun pushed himself out of the painful door, his fringe sticking on his sweaty forehead, and his chest aggressively heaved.

His fists were crumpled on the blanket, and his lips were pale and chapped.

It never went away.

That memory never faded.

"Renjun, you're—", Rayeon abruptly stopped and momentarily redacted the situation as she opened the door.

Then she was fast to lock them in and sat on the little space beside him, cupping his cheeks to turn him to look at her.

"Renjun?"

"I killed Chenle."

"Ren–"

"He told me."

She snapped at him, "Who's he?"

"I can't see his face; it's blurry.", Renjun looked at her. "I don't remember."

"Gosh", Rayeon let out a strained exhale. "You worry me so much."

"I'm sorry.."

"Sshhh, no baby, it's okay. I'm here. You're okay."

Renjun snuggled in the crook of her neck as she tightly hugged him.

Renjun deeply thought, Who is he?I'm sure I knew him; I'm really sure of of it;heard that voice before.

"Are you hungry?"

"My friends? Did they come to visit? They haven't visited me for long weeks now; did they stop by?"

"Oh, baby,", she sighed; they did. "I didn't see them."

His face dropped in gloom and he pulled away, his head hung low.

Did they forget about me?

"Do you want hotpot?"

"Do you think they remember me?"

"Who?"

"My friends", he said, looking up at her. "Did they already forget about me?"

"No, they just..."

"Because I killed Chenle, right? I knew it.. they're ashamed of me.. I mean, I deserve it."

Goodness, Mark Lee, why did you put me in this position?