CHAPTER 8

Mark never knew he could drive that fast—I mean, it's an essential skill if the whole gang wanted to escape on getaways—but rounding and zooming through lots of traffic rules because Renjun finally remembered is a new thing.

The couple was immediately greeted by Rayeon, who blocked them by force and especially dragged Mark back.

It's fucking 7 AM.

"Not now, Mark."

"What do you mean, not now? This is a perfect time, Red!"

"Renjun isn't yet ready!", Rayeon whisper-shouted and pushed him back to a very far corner outside of the janitor's basement. "Look, I got this, guys; I'm well aware and I'm experienced enough."

"You didn't know what tomorrow leads you, Red; the earlier we decode the truth, the earlier we can decide what our next move is!"

"I worked in this field for six fucking years, Mark, and I prioritized no stupid missions. But this is Renjun we are talking about. I'm not risking his mental stability by forcing him to tell the truth."

"Red's right. We are all down to know the truth, but we needed it through Renjun's own mouth, and we can't force him to do that", Hana spoke while calming her enraged soulmate. "Is everything fine here, Red?"

"Call me Rayeon, please; nobody knows I'm an agent."

"You sly fox, the underground is still looking for your identity."

"And consider yourself lucky that I worked with you instead of gracefully slitting throats with WayV."

"Alright guys, someone's coming."

Mark and Rayeon are fast to turn off the fire they fanned up. The doctor greets the interns, and the three of them wait for them to vanish through the walls.

"What now", Hana quipped while crossing her arms to the still-bad blood. "Are you going to take this seriously or not?"

"I'm going to take care of Renjun like I am doing. It's not easy to live on with the new truth; he needs to accept it all first so that he can completely move on and decide the next move. Renjun is very fragile right now; he does need you—the gang—but he also needs professional help. He's not close to being stable yet, and I fear that if we push him back to his previous life, all the worst memories will just trigger."

"He's still... does he still hurt himself?"

"No, thank God he stopped", Rayeon sighed and pulled out a calling card from the pocket of her robe, handing it to the man. "Call me at this number; delete all the previous ones. It's a professional use, but it'll do. No one will suspect such public numbers; most of them will track the burners first."

"Are you armed?", Hana asked, and the doctor shook her head.

"I can manage; I'm fairly good with hands."

"That's enough; I know you still have some pocket toys hiding anywhere one way or another. Just mind the security here, Rayeon, especially the cables that could be infiltrated."

"I have my own ways; now go. I won't tell Renjun you came."

"Hit us up if something happens."

"Will do, will do. Take care on your way back."

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

"I slept well", Renjun honestly answered. "Though I still wake up at dawn, I can sleep at 10 PM."

"Your body clock is changing, but Renjun, you still need to sleep at least 8–10 hours, okay? Maintain a healthy sleep schedule; your body and mind need rest."

The boy just nodded and remained silent afterwards, while Rayeon passed her report paper filled with the silver-haired's daily observation.

Renjun was accompanied back to his ward after a few minutes, with Rayeon checking the heater and the window sill, worried that the room would be freezing cold, especially at night.

Renjun is in his tenth month of stay, and the winter season just started.

"First snow", Renjun sighed while his eyes fixed outside the transparent window.

"I can take you outside on the weekend. We can build snowmen and make some snow angels if you want."

"That would be amazing", he replied with a grateful smile.

Tenth month, and he's carrying the whole truth for a month. Renjun would lie if the excruciating weight wasn't lifted off—it really was.

Though his heart is still aching, cracking and melting at the thought that he's sick,

Oh, how he hated his mind—the instability is making him crazy.

He hated how he was easily affected and influenced by more of it.

Renjun knew he wasn't well, but because of his condition, he wasn't able to end at least Jinyoung's life.

He had a chance; damn, he just wasted all those bullets for nothing! Instead, he let himself grieve the truth and let that awful man get away.

If he's just on the right mind, could he save dear Chenle? Could the victory be on their side behind the ambush?

Renjun hated how his mind went—actually, he hated how his own life turned him down.

He just wanted to be normal.

rayeon's character hmmmmm idk if y'all find her sus the previous chapters because the storyline is a bit blur but hmmmm