CHAPTER 9

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I can't stay here forever, can I?"

Rayeon sighed and placed her phone in front of him, the screen lighting up with Mark's contact information on it.

Renjun stared at the device first, weighing his decision at the last minute before owning it up and pressing call.

Patiently, he waited for the rings to stop, chewing his lower lip throughout the passing seconds.

When the call was accepted and shifting sounds with a faint pressing of the keyboard were heard in the background, Renjun's breath hitched.

But he can't back out now.

[Rayeon-ssi.. any problem? ]

Okay, what now? What should I say, Renjun? You have limited time!

[Red, we're on a mission. If this is not important]

"R-Red?", Renjun croaked out.

He snapped at the girl, whose eyes widened, as an inaudible curse laced on the other line.

[Renjun! Rennie, is this you? ]

"I am", the silver-haired timidly answered while his eyes were still fixated on the obviously distracted girl. "There's no problem; I just want to call you guys."

[Goodness, I'm worried! You sure everything's good there? Renjun we can split the group.]

"No, it's fine here.. though I heard a foreign name.. Red is it?"

Rayeon heaved a sigh and only pushed her back against the wall, doubling the suspicious stares of the male he's daunting onto her.

[Can we explain everything on the weekend? ]

"No need; I think Red is here with me; I'll request an explanation then."

Mark sighed. [ Junnie can you pass the phone to Rayeon first? ]

"Sure"

Rayeon grabbed her phone, clicking her tongue as she took the call.

"Fuck you"

[I'm sorry, I literally have a divided attention here AERI BACKUP!]

[Shit, can I call you after this, though? ]

"Don't die, Lee."