8

As Penelope and the butler stood outside the doors of her uncle Kingston's office, 

She tried to remember if she had ever met her uncle Kingston.  

Although Penelope felt a rush of nervousness. She tried to keep in mind her mother's saying that when nervous only remember that everyone is simply made of Blood, water, and bones. No one is better than the rest. 

Before The butler could knock, uncle Kinston himself welcomed her into his ill-lit chambers. 

The patriarch of the Kingston family, greeted Penelope formally, handing her an envelope with her acceptance letter as a transfer student to Blue Academy, an elite academy that only accepted Penelope as a favor to someone as powerful as Nicholas Kingston.

Although brief, Nicholas Kingston left Penelope with only a few last words before her departure. 

''One last thing Penelope, until earned, you will not be using the Kingston name while attending the academy,''  he said almost curtly. 

Blue Academy, is an elite school named after it developed its iconic cloudy blue walls due to an accident that took place due to some unknown chemical reaction during construction. Despite the tales of hidden murders taking place every couple of decades; each new generation of the rich continued sending their offspring to the school to secure either a good marriage alliance or new connections. 

As Penelope entered the halls filled with fellow sophomores and senior students she glanced up at the staircase filled with her peers, this too seemed to be made of gold. She noticed a delicate, red-haired, solemn-faced girl who stood out among the rest. 

Penelope is given the cold shoulder by many of the members of the elite Academy except for  Audrey Middleton, a petite girl who had offered the answer to a question asked by their sour-faced professor. 

In her old school, she had been the queen Bee of the social structure.  Although she was used to the ruling she had witnessed and sometimes participated in the schemes used by her peers to claw their way to the top; she hoped to put her past behind her.