12

Upon the arrival of Valentine's day, Penelope chose her outfit for the day, while contemplating 

if she even knew what she was doing. Although she had grown up around fashion her whole life because of her mother's fashion enterprise;  she could help the doubt that crept up in her mind. 

She also couldn't believe she had also finally met the brash but handsome Erick Derrington and his less-than-pleasant cousin, Patricia. 

Once she reached the Juniors hall, Penelope was lost in writing down a list of the materials she needed for the show; turning when she heard a familiar voice call out to her. 

"Penelope!" Audrey called out, excited to see her new friend, although a little irritated at being interrupted, Penelope smiled at how cute and bubbly Audrey was. 

"Hey Audrey, how's it going?" Penelope asked. 

"Everything is good, omg are you in the fashion program too?" Audrey questioned once getting a glimpse of Penelope's designs. 

"Yea, thankfully they were able to squeeze me in," she said.

"Wow, you must have some powerful connections," Audrey said looking amazed.

"What do you mean?" asked Penelope.

"Well, the program-" Audrey suddenly stopped when her books were knocked out of her hands by Patricia. 

Audrey's own drawings spill out of her folder. Penelope gasped at how talented Audrey was, her creations were masterclass compared to her own.  

"Oops- my bad squirt," Patricia said sounding apologetic, but the laughter from her entourage proved it was anything other than an accident. 

Penelope stepped forward in defense of Audrey; "You know Patricia, it wouldn't hurt for you to look both ways," she said looking straight into Patricia's eyes. 

"Wait a minute, the mouse can speak?" Patricia said stepping closer to Audrey.

Audrey backed down when she saw an administrator approaching; only to hear a loud cry from Audrey, Penelope had stepped on Audrey's right hand and best drawing. 

Erick Derrington was shocked to see Penelope's foot come crashing down on Audrey, on his way to meet Pat for Brunch. He knew Audrey from the animal shelter they both volunteered at. He was shocked and angry to see such a brutal act toward the girl. Without asking any questions he quickly pushed past the crowd; pulling Penelope away from the poor girl and stepping protectively in front of Audrey. 

"Leave!" He said, no one, not even Patricia, dared to question Erick Derrington; quickly going into the Cafe or class. 

Patricia gave Audrey one last menacing look, "It looks like you are the one who needs to watch where you're going mouse. - I hope you'll be ok enough to still compete at the fashion show Audrey," she said. 

"Patricia!" Erick interrupted when she tried to get closer to the quivering Audrey. 

Penelope was still in shock after everything that had transpired, 

"I'm so sorry Audrey, I really didn't mean to step onto your drawings or hand," She said trying to get Audrey to see her sincerity." Unfortunately, as she stepped closer she only stepped on more drawings; causing Erick to glare at her.

"You should leave," He simply said his accusatory eyes freezing her from coming any closer.  

//Later at Valentine's Day Fashion Show//

Penelope tried to focus as she listened to the two Hosts, Maxine (Max) Jacobs and Alicia Lauren daughters of the famous fashion houses explained the rules of the competition. 

*Above is a picture of the two Judges*