Chapter two: "Terra?"

(AN: I apologize for any wrong / different information regarding about certain locations and the entire plot of Arknights considering that I do not play it as much, but read through some bit of plot and watched some videos of the story, I will try to experiment with how the story goes.)

(AN2: This was originally going to be a single chapter with +12k word, but I decided to separate them into multiple chapters, enjoy!)

"Dialogue"
'Thinking'
Shout

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

*thud*

A dust cloud was formed after a certain individual fell out of nowhere in the outskirts of a city, the area they landed on was mostly a deserted area littered with large chunks of black crystals.

Thorn, the unlucky dwarf that was recently teleported after a drinking accident slowly got up in pain and coughing and waving the dust out of his face in order to breath and to see where he had ended up this time, only to be greeted by an unfamiliar location and a city in the distance

Thorn: "WHERE IN HOXXES AM I!?"

Looking around to check his surroundings again for any familiar sights, he spotted something on the ground covered by dirt and sand, it mostly had an orange color, realizing what that object was, he immediately ran to it.

Thorn: "BOSCO!? BOSCO HANG IN THERE!"

Thorn quickly tries to dig out Bosco from the ground, upon trying to pull Bosco out, he felt something different, instead of the usual cold hard metal that he feels when patting or maintaining Bosco, he felt a soft and squishy fabric, quickly deciding not to think about that now, after struggling to pull Bosco out of the ground, he manages to yank Bosco out, but not without losing his balance and falling into the ground, a body soon followed after, slamming on-top of Thorn, knocking the air out of him.

Thorn: "OOF, Who is this!? I thought I pulled out Bosco!?"

On top of Thorn was a child that had some bit of robotic features prominent in DRG equipment, dazed and confused, upon closer inspection, the child had some features of a Bosco drone.

A few seconds after managing to pull the child out, she managed to recover from her daze, and slowly looked around to check where she was, only to look down and see Thorn below her, the girl's eyes glowed in happiness and immediately hugged the old dwarf who was surprised by the sudden action of the child, she exclaims in joy:

???: "GRANDPA! YOU'RE SAFE!"

Thorn in shock and confusion, was panicking: 'Who's child was this?'

Thorn: "Uhh? Lassie I think you got the wrong grandpa here?"

???: "No! It is you grandpa! there's no other grandpa in the space-rig but you!"

Space-rig? this child was definitely from DRG, but he thought that children were not allowed in the rig due to safety hazards and problems that it might cause having children in the area.

Thorn: "I thought children were prohibited from being inside the space-rig lass?"

The child look confused, she looked up and put her finger near her face as if she was thinking of something.

???: "Wait, we drones were considered kids? I thought it was just you grandpa"

From that statement alone surprised Thorn, drones considered as kids? he quickly pieced together the information he was getting and quickly hugged the child with tears in his eyes.

Thorn: "BOSCO!"

Bosco: "Uwaah! Grandpa!?"

Bosco was a bit surprised when Thorn suddenly hugged her while crying, she smiles and hugs him back comforting the poor old man who thought he was going to be all alone in the middle of nowhere where his friends and family will never find him