Chapter five: "Are you guys aliens!?"

"Dialogue"
'Thinking'
Shout

After a while, the group including Rhodes island manages to break out of the encirclement, they catch their breath and check their equipment, and got ready for the next move

Nearl on the other hand walked towards Thorn in his regular outfit was comforting Bosco who was crying and shaking Thorn after the stunt that he pulled earlier

Bosco: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GRANDPA DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN!"

Thorn: "STOP SHAKING ME YOU STUPID DRONE, I'D RATHER NOT LET SOMEONE ELSE GET HURT INSTEAD OF ME!"

This statement further increased Bosco's intensity in shaking Thorn, making him feel sick and dizzy, Amiya notices Nearl walking towards him.

Amiya: "Ah Miss Nearl! are you okay?"

Nearl: "Yes, I am fine Amiya, I'm here to thank this man for what he did back there for me... I am forever in his debt."

Thorn: "Well, if we manage to get out of this hellhole, then buy me the first drink in wherever you guys are supposed to be going, and lastly to not push yourself too hard lass... the look on your face tells me you would rather sacrifice yourself instead to protect others, rely on others to help you out in times of need instead of doing it all by yourself"

Thorn reaches out and manages to pat Nearl's head, at first it startled Nearl, but then it slowly made the woman slightly blush and look away, the others were in awe with how the serious Nearl was out of character, and how Thorn just asked a Radiant Knight to buy him beer when they return to the Ark.

Bosco on the other hand had a different reaction

Bosco: "Grandpa! That's pretty hypocritical of you to say that!"

Thorn: "Bosco, I may be a hypocrite, but at least others will learn through my statements and even actions, I already told everyone at the rig about this"

Bosco: "But still grandpa! why do you still keep doing this?"

Thorn proceeded to pat Bosco's head

Thorn: "Bosco, with age, you'll learn why I do this"

Doctor decided to walk to Thorn to say something

Doctor: "Grand- I mean, Sir Thorn, thank you for protecting us earlier..."

Thorn: "No need to be formal with me kids, feel free to call me Grandpa, even the dwarves older than you also call me grandpa!"

Doctor: "*blushes* O-okay G-grandpa"

With the sight of the Doctor being flustered calling Thorn grandpa, Thorn himself just suddenly pats the Doctors head, it was a sight to behold

Bosco: "That's another one"

Amiya: "What do you mean Bosco?"

Bosco: "When he says people call him grandpa, almost everyone at the rig did, he was even called 'The Grandpa of DRG' way before we even arrived here"

Amiya: "I've heard you guys say rig multiple times, where is this place?"

Bosco: "Oh! its in space near Hoxxes IV!"

This got everyone's attention at the two, Dobermann decides to question the topic

Dobermann: "Space? I don't think anyone has managed to reach space and let alone create a rig up there... and this Hoxxes you say is nowhere near Terra"

Medic: "Are you guys aliens!?"

Thorn: "What!? No! I don't look any different to any dwarf now do I?"

Guard: "Hey Gramps, about being a dwarf?"