Chapter twelve: "Welcome to Rhodes Island"

(AN)
Thank you for your feedback and comments, I greatly appreciate all of you guys!
I will try my best to keep you entertained with my story as much as I can!

Even though I'm still wondering how did I even manage to squeeze 6k words in the last chapter given how limited the dialogue was on the prologues ending.

Again, I apologize if some characters were Out of Character compared to the canon dialogues and probably personality.

Enjoy!

"Dialogue"
'Thinking'
"SHOUT"

...

Darkness...

"S... Sir... get u..."

"Sir... Come-on... we need to go..."

"OLD MAN, WAKE THE FUCK UP, WE NEED TO GO, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!"

Thorn suddenly jolts awake, spooking some of the members across him inside the vehicle.

The tired Doctor Michelle who was beside Thorn was stirred awake from the sudden movement, prompting her to look around.

With a groggy voice and tired face, she asks Thorn

Michelle: "Hmm~~ Grandpa... where are we?"

Thorn looks at her with an apologetic look

Thorn: "Sorry bout that kiddo, grandpa had a-bit of a bad dream, we still haven't arrived yet, get some rest... you need it"

Michelle: "Hmmm~~ okay..."

She snuggles near Thorn trying to regain the comfort she had lost a few minutes earlier, and not a moment later, she fell asleep.

Thorn then fixes the blanket on her frail looking body, the adorable sight of the sleeping doctor made Thorn smile, reminding him of the kids he used to take care before.

Years before he signed up in DRG, he assisted in taking care of an orphanage in his free time, working part time jobs from sector-to-sector, in order to help sustain the orphanage and just get by in life.

The orphanage didn't just consist of dwarven children, but other races too:

Elves, Lizardmen, Felines, and even Humans.

He had learned how to take care of the children, getting to know their basic needs in life and how to support them, helping him understand the biology and structure of each race.

He took the kids under his wing, the multiple part-time jobs that he took wasn't just to support the orphanage, but to learn new skills that he would be able to pass down onto the children and even their future parents.

His reputation grew with every job he took, improving his skills and then bidding his farewell whilst appreciating the amount of knowledge that they had passed down onto Thorn.

"The Jack"

He wasn't the best, but he was still capable of doing something, there are some aspects that he may had excelled on, but in the end, he was the master of none.

Throughout the years, building comradery and relationships with many people of different races and even sectors, he had always cherished these bonds and those who were around him.