Chapter 1: A Surprise Meeting

A little explanation before you read this fanfic: In this fanfic Naruto and the Konoha 11 (since Naruto's not part of it) are all 16 and Naruto does not live in Konoha. In this AU Naruto became a ninja at the age of 8 and, after becoming a chunin the next year, did four years of training abroad with Jiraiya before returning to the village and briefly meeting the Konoha 11 before leaving again with permission from the Third Hokage (they were 13). Naruto has longer hair (about Itachi's length and in a ponytail like Itachi's) and when he met Sasuke, Sasuke had a slight thought in the back of his head that he was hot. The Chunin exam arc still happened but it happened when everyone was 14, not 12. Rin never got kidnapped so her and Obito are still alive (and on the good side) but Madara got another Uchiha to work for him so Minato and Kushina still died. Though the Nine-Tails attack happened the Uchiha's never planned a coup d'etat so the slaughter didn't happen. The reason for this is because Hiruzen caught Danzo stealing Shisui's eye and killed him for treason. Shisui is still alive but only has one eye. Shisui, Itachi and Kakashi are on an ANBU team with Yamato. Sakura and Sasuke are the only students on the team and have Anko as their sensei. Sakura still acts like she did when they were in the academy canonically (so basically rude Sakura). Sasuke is kinda stuck up and kind of thinks Uchiha's are above everyone else but Itachi taught him that everyone is equal, it just depends how hard you work so he's not super stuck up. Another thing to add is that until this story Naruto had not been back to the village since he was 13.

FYI in this story Naruto is the top and it contains NaruSasu/SasuNaru which is BL (male x male) so if you don't like that I'd like it if you left and didn't leave any hate since some people do ship Sasuke and Naruto and it's really not a big deal.

One last thing (sorry for the long A/N there won't be another one this long I swear XD) I will mostly be using only Naruto and Sasuke's POV's. They will, mostly, only switch every chapter, though that might change sometimes, enjoy :)

* * Third Person POV * *

Naruto, the Nine-Tails, or Kyuubi, Jinchuriki and a wandering Konoha ninja. No one knows where he's originally from, all they know is he might've lived somewhere in the Land of Fire before becoming a nin. They also don't know which clan he's from but they did know that he was a nin and a Jinchuriki, and that scared them. What didn't scare people though is that he's always in a bright and happy mood, which made him seem less endangering to most. There were some people who didn't care how he acted, they kept calling him names and stayed scared of him. To get to the point, this is the story of how the wandering, lost Naruto got found again and settled down.

* * Naruto's POV * *

My entire life had been complicated but recently it had gotten even more complex. I had been a ninja for about 8 years when I actually ran into a ninja team for the first time without realizing it, I had always been able to spot a ninja team so I had avoided them but somehow I didn't notice this time.

I was walking with a senbon in my mouth, my head back, being supported by my hands, and a neutral look on my face when I sensed a few Chakras I had sensed before. I opened one eye and immediately recognized the one face I had remembered from my visit to Konoha three years ago, he was staring right back at me and both of us stopped in our tracks. For some reason the eye contact hit me like train and I could feel a slight heat creeping up my neck. Then I realized the rest of the raven haired boys team was there and I suppressed my feelings once more.

"What's wrong Sasuke-kun?" A pink haired girl said to my right, what was her name again? I knew I had met her before but I made sure not to turn to her and started walking away again.

"Wait!" The raven haired boy called out, "You're Naruto right?"

At this I stopped in my tracks, he had remembered my name, damn it why did I have to be so bad with names, I had forgotten his a while ago and yet he had remembered mine all these years. Was it Suka? No. Should I act like I don't remember him? No, that'd be stupid, just react like normal when someone knows your name.

"Yes, why?" I replied as I stopped walking and slightly turned my head towards him. Dang it, what was his name again.. Sake? Nope, definitely not, Sask? No... Sasuke! That was it!

"Wait, why do you have a Konoha headband?!" The plum haired adult exclaimed after looking at my forehead, why did people always forget me, this was why I usually didn't wear my headband.

"Because he's a Konoha nin," Sasuke replied venomously before turning to me, "right?" He asked me in a regular voice. This made me smile and I angled my head down in a subtle nod.

"You're quite right with that Sasuke." I said in a kind voice, turning around to face the team, "though I'm not usually in Konoha, much like Jiraiya-sensei I am a wandering nin and don't really get missions, I just help out where it's needed."

"Jiraiya-sensei? Do you know him personally?" The plum haired woman inquired.

"Why yes, I do, he was my sensei for four years. That's enough about me, what's your mission, dattebayo?"

"We're-" Sasuke started.

"That's not for you to know." The pink haired girl interrupted.

"Sakura, don't be so rude, he's a fellow Konoha nin." The plum woman sighed.

"But Anko-sensei, that could be a lie!!" Sakura all but screamed.

"Well Sasuke said it was true so it is, right?" Anko asked.

"Yeah Sakura, what harm would it do, even if I was wrong, which I'm not, we're not doing that important of a mission anyways." Sasuke contributed as he glared at Sakura.

By this point at least 7 passers-by had stopped to look at the group with 3 of them stopping to watch the drama, two of which were glaring at me with disgust. When I noticed I just flashed my signature smile at them, always staying kind, even when others were extremely rude. At this point I had removed the senbon from between my teeth and was now fidgeting with it in my hands. After my smile the two glaring decided to walk away, they wouldn't waste their time on the wandering monster.

When I turned back to the group I found them all looking at me expectantly.

"Did you hear what we said?" Anko asked, seeming kind of annoyed.

"Uh, no?" I replied questionably, when had they started talking directly to me again? Oh wait they were the whole time.

"We said it was a scouting mission near the Land of Rice Paddies and that you could come." Sasuke told me once more, patiently.

"Near the Land of Rice Paddies, huh?" I inquired, "what are you scouti-?"

"Something." Sakura snapped rudely.

"Shut the fuck up Sakura." Sasuke spat at the pink haired girl who pouted in response but still stayed quiet.

"Well I was headed up there anyway so I guess I'll tag along." As I said this I eyed Sasuke, that wasn't the only reason I agreed to go, I wanted to find out more about Sasuke, I wasn't quite sure why but the raven haired boy interested me. Suddenly we made eye contact and Sasuke smiled a bit, a light blush spreading across his cheeks, barely noticeable but still there. This made my smile grow wider, this was gonna be fun.