Chapter 5: Kindling a Relationship

A/N: Hope you guys didn't lose interest lol but here's the next chapter! The full one this time ;)
Please remember to vote and comment!
WARNING: Homophobic Sakura
Enjoy!

Sasuke's POV:
We walked back into the forest in search of the rest of my team, as we were walking our hands brushed against each others and a shiver went throught my body. I almost pulled my hand away but I wanted it to happen again, so I didn't move.

* * Naruto's POV * *

I could tell Sasuke was affected by my touch, I waited a moment to do it again, he looked at our hands and I could've sworn he almost grabbed mine before we heard that familiar, full-of-herself, high pitched voice.

"Why can't I state my opinion?!"

"Because it's rude and insensitive, I've already said that!" Anko spat, annoyed.

"That doesn't matter since he's just a monster!" Sakura screeched, acting like a toddler having a temper-tantrum.

"You talk about him like that one more time and I'll have your headband and ninja privileges revoked." Anko replied heatedly, "He's a fellow nin so I won't have you disrespecting him, especially right after he killed Orochimaru."

Sakura fell silent, pouting at her sensei. Sakura really wanted to stay a nin, huh? Guess she really wanted to stay close to Sasuke. Yet it seemed she wanted to speak against me again like I was a nuisance and yet she had only met me once, well technically twice but she didn't seem to remember the first time.

"Shall we get to your scouting point now?" I asked as Sasuke inched away from me, it saddened me slightly but I knew it was because of Sakura and her extreme judgement.

"Our scouting point was actually right around here so-" Anko started before getting cut off.

"So you ruined the entire point of our mission! Honestly you think the Akatsuki will talk to Orochimaru if he's dead?!" Sakura spat sort of condescending and matter-of-factly.

"Sakura." Anko threatened. "What I was going to say was now we have this information we can give to Tsunade-sama. Even more, Naruto can return to the village and give Tsunade-sama his insights."

Sakura made a face showing that she was upset that she was wrong and that she "knew" she was actually the one in the right. She sighed angrily as Anko and Sasuke began to walk back in the direction of Konoha.

I followed, staying a bit behind, closer to Sakura to try to get her to be civil. For the first while I didn't say anything until I noticed her staring at me. I turned my eyes to her and she had a look of soft curiosity in her eyes and it seemed as if she was wondering if her opinion truly wasn't the truth. I moved my hands down from my head into my pockets to look a bit less intimidating and after a few more minutes Sakura began to talk.

"Why does everyone speak so badly of you if it's not true?" Sakura asked, emphasizing the final bit.

"Well, people like to believe whatever they hear, especially if the majority of people agree with said opinion. For instance, I was a baby who just kind of appeared after the Kyuubi attack almost 16 years ago so everybody assumed that I was the Kyuubi itself in human form, my whiskers didn't help. Grandpa Fourth and the elders didn't stop the spread of rumors, they did ban everyone from speaking about the attack so our whole generation has no idea why they hate me, they just do because that's what they were taught by their parents." I explained calmly as Sakura looked at the ground, listening and analyzing.