Thought interlude

In the office I was forced to wear a suit and tie, black socks and, if possible, a white shirt. At least when it came to choosing the color of the shirt, the dress code was a bit looser. There were no dress codes for women, apart from not appearing suggestive. How is that related?

If it were the other way around, if there were dress codes for women but not for men, you would read headlines in the newspapers like "That's discriminatory", "That's sexist", "That's misogynistic". As a man who desires such freedoms, you will only be mocked. Even the legislature seems to be using double standards.

Then: You hear again and again that women are paid less, that they have fewer career opportunities. Is that the price that men have to pay, that they have to be stuck in a uniform look? That they have to present themselves almost uniformly in the world of business and politics? With a suit and tie, whereby the suit can be black, anthracite or dark gray and the tie can also show colour. But all in all these men appear side by side like gray mice, one looking like the other. Colors frowned upon, patterns frowned upon, cuts frowned upon.

What do clothes actually have to do with the ability and commitment to get the job done? What do they have to do with how serious someone is? Maybe that's why women are less trusted because their skirts, dresses and trousers can sometimes be color...

What do clothes actually have to do with the ability and commitment to get the job done? What do they have to do with how serious someone is? Maybe that's why women are less trusted because their skirts, dresses and trousers can sometimes be colored? One could put forward the thesis: the more colors, the less money. There is only more money for black.

Especially black! I don't know why black is portrayed as so classy and distinguished. Black is necrophilic. The night is black. In the '60s only undertakers drove black cars, otherwise the streets were full of brightly colored cars. Black is the color of the dead. Oh wait. Black isn't a color at all. Black is nothing. And that's how I feel when I see business leaders or high-ranking politicians - they just make me yawn in boredom just to look at them.

And for anyone who thinks a man in a skirt has to be gay. If that were the case, you wouldn't even be in the world. Just look at pictures from times past, Egyptian workers building the pyramids, Alexander the Great, Caesar, Charlemagne, peasants in the Middle Ages, Louis XIV. Nobody wore pants. Dresses, skirts, colors, patterns - everything is normal. And more cheerful than today.

What is it called in some places? Pants were invented when people rode horses. Those times are long gone. Nowadays people drive cars and most people sit in office chairs during the day. Well, I can only say from my own experience that a skirt would be more comfortable and better suited than trousers for driving or in the office. In this respect, trousers are actually a relic from times long past, totally outdated.