Pt. 2 | Impossible.

They were all running around, chasing each other with a hose, giggling. it was a normal summers day at the Eisner house, everything was going completely fine. just like any other day. "sissy watch out! the monster is going to attack us!" he giggled as Jeralt pretended to growl, spraying them lightly with the hose. "oh nooo! byby i protect you!" Beth says, grabbing her play sword, hitting her father with it as Byleth giggled. Jeralt then slowly tumbled to the ground, pretending to fall. "oh nooo! the big bad monster has a booboo!" Jeralt said as Beth gasped. "oh no! daddy i sorry!" she said, dropping her sword as both the twins went running to him in concern. Jeralt then grabbed both of them, surprising the two. they then all laid under the sun, smiling. the twins both sighed, resting their heads on their dads chest. "daddy... i tired..." Byleth mumbled, slowly falling asleep on his chest. "me too... maybe i just need some... water" Beth yawned. Jeralt then got up, confused and worried. the twins never get tired this early. he then shook them both gently. "hey... wake up.." he mumbled, but they still remained sleeping. he tried to shake them again, leaving his hands on their small little torsos. but once he did, he couldn't believe what he felt. "no... nonono" he said frantically, trying to check for a pulse. the twins hearts suddenly stopped beating. he then picked them both up, trying to hold back his tears as he ran to the car, setting them both in the back. he tried to start the car, but realizing he didn't have the keys. so he patted his pants, cursing under his breath, quickly running inside to grab the keys. "hang in there... please" he mumbled, snatching the keys and running back out. "guys.... you need to wake up now.. come on it's not time to sleep.." he said, trying to hold back tears. he was driving way over the speed limit, and the tears would often block his sight, making him swerve every now and then. once he made it to the hospital he started yelling for help, grabbing his twins from the car. "someone! anyone! help me please!" he yelled desperately, running into the emergency room, almost stumbling into the entry way. "help! please!" a familiar nurse then rushed to him, looking concerned. "Mr. Eisner whats wrong?" she asked, looking at the twins. "their.. their hearts aren't beating.. c-call a doctor, please!" she nodded, running to the back room, only a few seconds later two doctors came running to him with a gurney. "put them on here, we need to get them into a room" the doctor said hurriedly. Jeralt gently placed them down as they rushed into the back, putting the gurney in a spacious room. the two doctors then started to preform CPR on the twins. "come on little guys, you can do it" one of them mumbled, still pressing on their chest. "it's not working, someone get a defib in here right now!" he said sternly as Jeralt rushed out. "i need a defib! someone bring me a defibrillator!" a nurse then came rushing with one, looking at him worried. "what's wrong?" Jeralt then closed the door in front of her before placing the defib on the bed. "i got it right here" the doctor then looked at him. "do you know how to preform CPR?" he nodded. "good, i'm gonna need you to do that to her while we try to jolt him back okay?" he nodded as the doctor took his hands off beth, going to the defib. he started to press down on her chest gently as the other doctor was checking his pulse. "right, on the count of three i'll say clear" the other nodded, rubbing the things together. "one... two.. three.... clear!" he said as they jolted Byleth's little body. it was hard to watch, seeing his body jump like that. he didn't look at them, but continued to focus on Beth. "okay, one more time" he said, sweat visibly clear on his forehead. "one... two... three... clear!" they then shocked him again, as the doctor checked his pulse, listening to his heart with a stethoscope. "it's faint, but we have a heart beat" the doctor said as Jeralt looked up, a tear rolling down his cheek. "yes, but we need to do that to her now" he nodded, moving away as they started with her, checking her pulse. "alright, on the count of three" i walked to the other side of the bed, caressing his head. "one... two... three.. clear!" they said, jolting Beth. "hmm... one more time" he said. Jeralt watched, hoping that the two of them can make it out alive. "one.. two.. three.. clear!" he said once again as Beth's body violently jumped. "one more time before we lose her" Jeralt then looked away, tears rolling down his cheeks. he rested his head gently on Byleth's small chest. once they shocked her one more time, the doctor checked for a heart beat, sighing. "we have one" Jeralt then cried softly, happy to know that both his babies are safe and still with him. there was silence for only a moment as everyone took the chance to calm down. "Sir, if you will, i would like to speak with you outside" he nodded, kissing Byleth on the forehead before walking out with him. "the two went into Cardiac arrest, and will have to be monitored for the time being, i suggest you go home and rest, we'll call you once they wake up" he shook his head. "i'm staying with them, no matter what" the doctor then sighed, nodding. "well you'll need to wait in the waiting room while we switch them to a more appropriate room, and hook them up to an ECG to see how their heart is doing" Jeralt nodded. "do whatever you have to, but i'm staying" the doctor nodded "once they're ready i'll come get you" he said before going back into the room, a few mumbles were heard from the other side of the door. Jeralt ran his fingers through his hair, sighing as we walked out and into the waiting room. who knew he would find himself in the same situation a few years later. tapping his foot on the hospital floor impatiently, staring off into nothing, just waiting for the doctor to come back. if anything, he just hoped that this would never have to happen again.

he sat there in the quiet room with his children, a soft beeping noise was heard throughout the room. he was about to take a nap when suddenly he heard some movement and grunting. he looked to his side to see Byleth waking up. "daddy?.." he asked softly, looking around. "i'm here Byleth, i'm here" he said, moving his chair closer to the bed, holding the boys hand. "what happened?" he mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "you and your sissy had an accident, but that's okay because daddy and the nice doctors helped" Byleth then smiled. "thank you dada" Jeralt chuckled, nodding. "of course By" he then heard some movement from the other bed. "w-whats going on?" Beth groaned, rubbing her eyes as she tried to sit up. Jeralt kissed Byleth's hand before going to Beth. "everything's okay, but you need to lay down Beth" she nodded, laying back down and looking up at her dad. "what happened daddy?" she asked, looking at the wires attached to her. "you and byleth had an accident, but the doctors fixed it" she nodded, looking around tiredly. "i still tired..." she said, rubbing her eyes. "you can sleep hun, it's okay. daddy's gonna be here when you wake up" she nodded, yawning and closing her eyes. "daddy is never gonna leave you guys, no matter what okay? i'll always be here to protect you" he said, sitting back down beside Byleth. "because you love us lots right dada?" he chuckled, nodding. "of course i do" byleth then stretched his arms "like... dis many?" Jeralt smiled. "maybe even more than that" byleth gasped. "das too many loves, you need some loves for yourself daddy!" He chuckled. "okay okay, i have loves for you and loves for sissy, and a little bit of loves for me" byleth nodded proudly, smiling. "okay das good" He chuckled. "i love you daddy" he said, smiling. "i love you too byby"