Burn

His knees trembled, the smoke filling his lungs, as he ran through the door and the thick rug underneath burned with the furious red flames

Mingi couldn't withdraw from his purpose, not this late, and he clutched the glass box tightly, pausing in the middle of the chaotic blaze.

The royal guards were chasing behind him and the fire wasn't helping either but what could he do other than open the closest door and throw himself in, his pants heavy and short with his heart thumping in his chest and palms sweating with anxiety.

"Pirates aren't well mannered, are they now?" A soft vocal broke the odd silence and Mingi swore he almost pulled out his pistol to shoot the person dead in the head until he saw a young nobleman sitting on the windowsill, a book in hand and a glass of wine sitting beside.

His golden hair fell in strands to touch the shoulders of the white silk shirt that covered his small frame and his eyes dripped the rays of the sun, colour of warmth rich in them.

"H-how do you know that I'm a pirate?"

His question was thrown away...

"Barging into a room without knocking is very unpleasant. I was reading a book and you ruined the atmosphere."

"Pardon?" Mingi blurted out, confused and puzzled since he wasn't used to these classics and it wasn't the right time for this insane politeness as he could hear the running steps of the guards. "The castle is burning and you sit here reading, what? Old romances?"

"The fault is yours. You took the box in the wrong way, the alarms went off and perhaps you bumped onto the candles in the chamber."
Mingi wished he could erase the mocking smile on the boy's face and he gulped down his dry throat.

It was true... to a certain point...

The moment he lifted the ship from the stand, the alarms shrieked and the doors locked, leaving one last choice for the pirate. He set fire to the room, letting the smoke fill and made it misty, everything a blur yet easier for him to sneak out.

What a clever fellow I am-

"Prince Yeosang!" The door banged behind Mingi who gasped, eyes following everywhere to find a hiding place but he was pulled from his collar.

"Hurry, in here." The nobleman pushed him into darkness, a portal closing in front of him and he could hear the boy speak, voice rather soft and calm again. "Yes?"

"Apologies your highness, may we have an inspection in your chamber."

"Is anything up? and do not touch my books, your hands are sweaty."

"A thief has broken in. We doubt he is in here."

Mingi could hear the shuffles in the room, busy footsteps tapping over the expensive velvet carpet and he sucked in a breath as something hit against the wood that he leaned on to.

Begad!

He was confused.
It was the prince, probably and he was no fool to not believe it after the conversation yet things were tangled. Wasn't he just saved by him?

"For the sake of the divinity, do hurry." Yeosang spat out, disturbed by the unwelcomed company and attempted his best to shove them out, to be alone in his room again, with the pirate of course. "Look at that, there's mud all over my carpet. It seems as if a flock of buffaloes came in here!"

The pirate was amused and chuckled, noble children indeed were spoilt and stubborn.
"Thank you for your cooperation, your highness and a thousand apologies again." And the door closed.

"Come out." He heard the prince order silently and once again he stood back in front of him, seeing something flicker in those bright eyes. "Let's go."

Oh no...