7~ Hero

Milk Cookie was the first to break away from the embrace, wiping away his tears. Dark Choco Cookie did the same.

The two were finally able to get a good look at each other for the first time in over a decade.

"You've grown so much since we met..." Dark Choco finally spoke.

Milk giggled and felt his face heat up. He smiled at Dark Choco, whose face turned red in return.

"I... have to go."

Dark Choco Cookie turned to leave but he was interrupted.

"I'm coming too!"

"No- you should leave."

"I've been searching for you for years! I'm not going to just leave."

Milk Cookie was being stubborn again. He wasn't going to leave. Not yet.

Dark Choco Cookie sighed. He knew he wouldn't be able to leave Milk Cookie behind, but he couldn't take him along either.

"You came alone, right?"

"No... I brought my friend, Purple Yam Cookie."

Dark Choco Cookie was unamused by the mention of the name, but he knew he had to change. If Milk Cookie remembered him after all these years, he must've made more of an impact than he thought.

~

Milk and Dark Choco finally found the room Purple Yam fell asleep in, and he was still sleeping. Milk Cookie ran up to him and shook him awake. Purple Yam was slightly disoriented due to his exhausted state.

Dark Choco Cookie gripped the wrists of the other two cookies tightly. He took large and quick steps rushing toward the gates to the citadel. He paid no attention to his surroundings but he knew what was coming. He knew everyone was in danger.

Once he had ushered the other two cookies out, he turned around to rescue everyone else inside.

"Wait!"

Dark Choco Cookie stopped in his tracks.

"Let me come with you."

Milk Cookie didn't want to lose him again. He wanted to stay by him.

"No. You should evacuate the nearby villages."

Milk could sense the urgency behind his words. Before Purple Yam could open his mouth to protest, he was already being dragged away.