pluralis majestatis

"What are you doing here?" Chan repeated with the same endless patience he had for the younger.

Jeongin blinked, and the calculative and questioning in his eyes were instantly replaced with the frailness and nativity that Chan was used to seeing from him. "I missed you."

Chan felt a tug at his heart, painful and wrenching, and he found it hard to breathe when Jeongin looked at him like that. He tried to look away but knew it would hurt more not to drown into Jeongin when it came as naturally as breathing to him.

"You took care of me the best." Jeongin continued when Chan failed to reply.

A frisson of anger ran down Chan's spine. His eyes narrowed, boring into Jeongin in that way that he knew gave Jeongin no choice but to tell the truth.

Chan hoped that was the case. He hoped that there were slivers of truth hidden within the lies.

"Is Changbin not taking care of you?" he asked through gritted teeth.

Changbin. One of his best friends, and one of the people that turned their backs on Chan and his father and got the two of them where they were now— either locked up in jail or buried 6 feet under.

Jeongin's lips curled up in a closed mouthed smile. "He's not you."

--------------------

03032022

pluralis majestatis; bang chan x yang jeongin

side ships:
lee minho x han jisung
seo changbin x lee felix
hwang hyunjin x kim seungmin

tags and warnings:
- mentions of drugs and weapons
- drug use
- violence, blood, and death
- power imbalance in romantic relationship dynamics
- smut

note: a shorter version has been published on my ao3 account under the same title, but will contain spoilers so read at your own risk *^^* ((the external link for this chapter will lead you to the one shot !!))