A Ruana Type of Person

Who could live there? Royalty? There was no time to keep thinking, not with your brothers there.

"Y/n! Check this out!" yelled Felipe as you made your way to what the big deal was. Your brother pointed at a large mural near the walls of your house that depicted a large, happy family. Well, now you know who lived in the house.

"I wish I had a big family like that--Oh! And a sister!" you commented, as Felipe stuck his tongue at you. "They all look so happy--Except for that green dude in the middle; he looks like he's about to be sick."

Felipe laughed. "Yeah! And this one here looks like a gremlin!"

You shifted your gaze to the 'gremlin' in the mural. His face was painted a little too sneaky and mischievously. He looked like he was about to play some cruel trick on you. Contemplating further, you could see the bright yellow ruana he was wearing.

It seems as though I've got competition, eh?

When you were smaller, you always hated the long skirts and dresses your family tried to get you to wear. One day, you found your father's ruana on the floor and put it on. That day, you decided that the most comfortable option of clothing was the ruana. A few people in your town didn't like that your parents let you wear a piece of clothing that wasn't meant for a señorita. That didn't stop you, though, and pants with a teal ruana on top of your white blouse was your go-to outfit.

The fact that here in the village a gremlin wore a ruana so similar to yours was intimidating. Your mother said you had a tendency to make dumb competitions with others and yourself, but it was a way for you to adapt to new environments when you were nervous. But that's only what your mother said.

The rest of the mural was too pink and bubbly for your mood, so, wandering away from your busy, loud family, you made your way into the center of the village, where there was a fountain. You sat down by it and stared at the coins thrown by people hoping their wishes came true.

Your wish didn't come true.

Your habit of gazing off into a point almost made you miss the bright yellow streak of a person running straight towards you.