story one―keisuke baji

"Find me in our next life, my love." 

Lost Cat

"What a beautiful place," you whispered as you walked towards a field of flowers. The scent of poppies, daisies, and purple coneflowers lingered in the air, reaching your nose.

You felt the cold breeze kissing your cheeks as you continued walking around. Not far from you, a figure stood with his back facing you. Based on his silhouette, you were sure that he was the long-haired male you kept dreaming about.

"Hello?" you greeted, but there was no voice coming out. Confused, you tried to mumble a few words, but there really are nothing. 

Returning your gaze to the silhouette, you tried to call him again, but still there are no words coming out of your mouth. Desperate to see the man's face, you walked towards him, reaching for his shoulders. "Hello? Mister?"

The long-haired male felt your touch and looked back. His face was obscured by shadows, making it impossible for you to see his expression, but in a strange way, you could recognize his smiles. Those familiar smiles.

"My love," he said and extended his hand to hold yours. Hesitant, you reached for him, but before you could touch his hand, you woke up with beads of sweat and a fast-beating heart.

You quickly sat on your bed, trying to understand why you kept dreaming about the same man over and over again. "Huh?" Confused, you touched your cheeks and there ware tears streaming down. 

"Why am I crying?"

"Hello? Mister?" a female voice said. Baji slowly looked back to see who it was, but her face was covered by shadows.

Why do I feel like I know her? What is this familiar feeling?

"My love," Baji suddenly said, lifting his hand. He tried to stop it, but he couldn't as if someone is controlling his words and actions.

Why can't I control my hand? What is happening?

Baji extended his hand so he could touch her. The girl hesitantly reached for Baji's hand but before he could hold them, Baji woke up.

He immediately sat on the bed why catching his breath. Who are you? Where can I find you? Are you the key to this curse? He pondered, but got startled when a tear fell on his lap. 

"Huh?" He wiped his cheeks and there are tears. "Why am I crying? What is this longing feeling?" He then grasps his chest tightly.

Why does my heart ache for you?