Chapter 3

(curse warning)

Sanemi’s POV
He had white hair and a smug smile on his face. I already know that this will be a crazy group. I started eating, it wasn’t good at all. It also wasn’t the worst thing I have eaten though. They talked about all kinds of things. I also learned their names, my cellmate is Obanai, the girl is Mitsuri and the other guy is Tengen. I also introduced myself and I got along with them okay. Mitsuri is kind of dumb though, so she is a bit annoying. (No hate on Mitsuri, I love her <3, it’s just how he sees her). After dinner was done, me and Obanai went back to our cell. There really wasn’t much to do in prison. At least not after dinner was done. He went back to the desk and continued writing. About what, I have no clue. Maybe he writes down how his day goes. I don’t care too much so I just mind my own business. What I am curious about is what did he and the others do to get here?
What I do know is that I will be talking and being around criminals for a long time. I am a innocent man, but nobody listens or fucking cares. I look guilty and they don’t have any evidence so far to prove I didn’t do it. I don’t have an alibi for when the fire started. Before I went to his house, I took a walk.
When I was walking, I was in alleyways so nobody would bother me. Nobody saw me, so I have no alibi. It really sucks, I had a life. I have siblings to care for and a mother to help. I also had a job but that is all over now. Right now I am in prison.
Laying down on my bunk with only the company of Obanai and my thoughts. Obanai doesn’t talk that much but at least we get along. He is a chill dude and I can understand that he doesn’t want to chat much. What is there even to talk about? Our so-called ‘crimes’? What if he is innocent too!? The fucking investigation on my case was bullshit. I bet they could have looked more into it. No use thinking about it though, it’s pointless.
The rest of the night went by slowly and I closed my eyes. First day of prison done, out of many more days to come. I finally fell asleep. The next day went by slowly and it was such a bore. Every day was the same, wake up, eat breakfast, do whatever until lunch, lunch, sit around, dinner and then sit around again and fall asleep.
How does anyone deal with it? During breakfast, lunch and dinner Mitsuri and Obanai just flirted. Then Tengen would just talk about his flashy wives. He fucking has three of them! Who needs that many wives? Isn’t one just enough!?
I don’t think I will ever understand. People can get letters from loved ones or family. Sometimes people even get visitors. I haven't had a visitor yet, my family is probably very busy. Mom most likely works more since I am not there. I sighed and sat at the table for lunch.

“So have any of you gotten any visitors? Or Letters?”

“Obanai doesn’t but me and Mitsuri have. My wives write to me often and visit me. I shouldn’t be here for too long. It was just some drug dealing, not a big deal.”

Well I know why he is here, for some reason I am not really surprised. I rolled my eyes. The reason why Obanai doesn’t get any visitors or letters is because he is an orphan and he didn’t have any friends. I still don’t know why Obanai and Mitsuri are here. Especially Mitsuri she seems too nice and caring to be here.