Chapter 6

(curse warning)

Giyuu’s POV
"I am not here to start any trouble. Just making conversation."

"And why would you want to do that?"

"It can be lonely being a guard. Most of us don't want to be here as much as you… Even if we chose this job."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. He seems slightly annoyed. I had to try to communicate. I need to make at least one friend. Then Shinobu will finally stop pestering me. He seemed a bit hard to talk to. I don’t know if it would be appropriate to ask him why he is here. Yet, I need to make conversation so I ask anyway. He seemed surprised I asked about it.

"Why the fuck do you wanna know!? Not like you would believe me if I told you."

I was a bit shocked. I was persistent to be his friend though. He isn't the type of person I should be friends with. Yet, something inside of me draws me towards him. I want to be friends with him, it will probably take a while. I asked him to continue and he sighed.

"I didn't do anything. Fucking falsely accused. I didn't set my father’s house on fire and kill him. Just the wrong place, wrong time."

Now normally because of how he looks and acts nobody would believe that. Everything in me is telling me he is innocent though. No matter if he doesn't seem innocent. I walked a little closer and put my hands on the bars.

"I believe you."

It was all I could say. I'm not very sociable and it was enough. He looked at me surprised and his eyes slightly shinned. His face relaxed and he didn't look so angry anymore. He is pretty hot when calm.
What am I thinking? I know I am gay but I really don't need to be falling for a prisoner. Every prisoner except for a few get multiple hours in the prison outside of their cells. This guy isn't out with some of the others. Neither is his cell mate. Yet, his cell mate is asleep so that makes sense.
Maybe he isn't a big fan of socializing either.
I still don’t know his name. I could always ask another guard. Yet that might seem suspicious. So I should just ask him directly. Maybe I should introduce myself first?

"My name is Giyuu Tomioka."

"Sanemi Shinazugawa."

My heart fluttered and I turned around and kept guarding. Soon enough my shift was over and I went home. Once I was home I started making dinner. It was macaroni and cheese with hot dogs. We ate dinner and chatted about our day.
I didn't bring up Sanemi, because I've been wanting to get him off my mind. I only met the man today and I couldn't stop thinking about him. After a bit we all got ready for bed and went to our rooms. I laid down and tried thinking about anything other than Sanemi. It took me a little bit to fall asleep, but eventually I did.
More days went by and me and Sanemi became friends. Or at least we didn't mind each other. I pushed aside any feelings that I have in my stomach. I still have guarding to do but now he talks to me outside of his cell when he is able to. His cellmate Obanai doesn’t seem to like me at all though. Sanemi also seemed to hate me at times too but I think that's how he is.
I went up to Shinobu and had her look over at Sanemi.

"That's my friend. I made one, I'm not a loner and I'm not disliked by people."

"Wow, I'm surprised. I didn't know you knew how to socialize."

She laughed a little bit. She was just joking around, I didn't care. She was on her break but I was still on duty. So we didn’t talk too much even though we could. Lately it's not been very eventful in the prison. Which is fine by me. I have weekends off so I spend time with Tanjiro and Nezuko mostly on weekends.