Chapter 13

Selene entered her dorm room after her 'breakfast' expecting to face an empty room, rid of the other Slytherin girls who inhabited it

Instead she was faced with the four other girls, bustling around the room with either frantic mutters or little giggles escaping their mouths, and she was faced with the reality of the day ahead.

The Halloween ball.

She cursed under her breath.

"Selene, there you are." Eva squealed, her voice emitting a panicked tone. "We looked all over for you, do you always get up this early?" She questioned airily, flipping through a spell book.
Selene suspected that it was a book about makeup spells, according to the cover.

"No, I just wanted to get an early start on today" Selene responded, sauntering over to her bed. She grabbed her trunk, placing it on top of her sheets.

Opening the trunk she sighed. Her clothes were shoved on top of each other in a messy pile, she would be lucky to find a dress that wasn't covered in wrinkles.

"Selene I didn't take you to be such a mess, do you not have better organizational skills." Walburga sneered from behind her. Placing her pale hand on her shoulder and pressing her boney fingers into Selene's shoulder blade harshly.

"I packed last minute, and I haven't had the time to organize since school started" Selene sighed, moving out from under Walburga's hand swiftly. Not exactly telling the truth, she had been busy searching for more info on Tom, but other than that she had hours of free time almost every day.

Walburga rolled her eyes and walked back to her side of the room. "Sure, you've been really busy with all the 'Extra cuticulars' you partake in" she taunted, doing imaginary exclamation marks with her fingers.

Eva looked up from her spell book. "I have to agree with Wally on that one Selene." She said nodding towards Walburga with a sympathetic look on her face. "You really need to be a little bit more social, maybe join a group or two" she added notoriously, like it would be so easy for Selene to just throw her self into any group she wanted.

She did feel a little bad about not being like the other Slytherin girls who where all apart of some social activity that made them an active part in the school. While Selene was mostly in her room by herself all day. But honestly what was the point anyways.

"Eva don't you dare call me Wally again." Walburga snarled, angrily. She hated when people would shorten her name.

"That's so not fair, all of you guys call me Eva instead of Evanora. Why can't I give you a nickname." She pouted, crossing her arm infront of her chest in a child-like manner.

"It not the fact that she doesn't want a nickname. It's just that, your name shortened is attractive" Druella said from her spot on her bed, jumping into the conversation. "While, Walburga, shortened definitely sounds more like a boy muggle name." She explained, while trying to cover up her laughter.