Chapter 12- Abandoned

We all were so happy we are getting rescued.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Slowly the helicopter came near our rooftop and it stayed in air while a few sholders got down.

They pointed their gun towards us. We raised our hands.

"Aniyo, we're not zombies, save us please" Dae-Su said.

"Get down, face down to the ground, all of you!" one of them commented and we all compiled.

"Clear the area. Over. High school roof. Seventeen survivors confirmed." The other one said.

"Their condition?" I could hear someone speak. I Guess they were in a call with a chief commander on the other side.

They started checking our temperatures.

Everyone were just showing normal temperatures "Clear" as the Sholders said.

But when they reached me, they said my temperature is low and wrapped something over my shoulders. Same with Nam-ra.

"Two have hypothermia. The rest are normal." They said.

"Rescue them after you complete the objective."

"We'll rescue after the mission's complete. Over."

They told us to stand and wait while they went down to get something.

We waited for about ten minutes. The helicopter's sound was hurting my ears but I didn't care, atleast we were getting rescued.

They finally came back.

"Where's the package?" The one who was with us asked. The other soldier pointed at his bag

They said that they won't be able to land the helicopter cause it's very unstable, so they will pull us up one by one.

The girl Jimin was the first one to go. The soldiers put the straps on her and attached it yo the rope and started pulling her up as they started attaching the straps to Hyo-ryung.

My heart stopped when I overheard what the commander on the other side told the soldier who was rescuing us.

"Don't rescue anyone."

"Say again. Did you mean everyone?" The soldier asked.

"We just discovered a case as asymptomatic."

"But their temperatures are fine."

"It was the same thing with the girl we brought here, No one will be safe if one of them gets sick in the chopper. If they resist... shoot them." I was shocked beyond words.

"They're just children." The soldier tried to reason

"Listen to me. Soldiers are dying here! Four men were attacked by one girl! So do as I say."

"Understood. Over."

"Cancel the operation. We'll take just the package and pull out!" He said the other soldier just as they were about to pull Jimin into the helicopter.

Jimin started coming back down. "I think I'm going back down. Whoa, whoa, whoa." She started protesting "Hey. I'm coming down."

All of us were shocked to see her come back down.

They even removed straps from Hyo-ryung and pushed her to us.

"What the hell?"

"Please take us"

"We're not zombies"

Everyone was begging the soldiers to take us but they were ignoring our pleas.

"Stand back, or we will shoot" the soldier said.