Chapter 17

(Phil's POV)

I wipe the sweat from my forehead and look at the naked PJ laying next to me.

"Remember, this meant nothing, okay?!"

"Yeah, yeah, you've only said it about a thousand times."

"You are really good at it though, I'm just pointing that out," he laughs and looks at me, swiping my fringe from my eyes.

"You are too, thanks for that, by the way... This is awkward, I'm sorry!"

"No it's alright. Maybe we can do this whenever we're troubled? It really does get my mind off everything."

"Well, you are right there... I guess so, that's a good idea."

"Yeah. Thanks. Well, I'm off to film a video, and answer unimportant questions people ask me on twitter."

"Okay, I'm off to buy some food, yeah?"

"Wait, can you pick up some sodas? And some candy too?!" His voice picks up, like he's getting excited.

"Um yeah, why don't you come with?"

He groans. "Fine, but only so you don't buy the wrong things."

I smile and we drive to this little shop that barely anyone ever goes to. My grandmother was friends with the owners, but I only remember Joe because he was always playing pool with my grandfather when I visited.

PJ grabs onto my hand after we enter, and I lean closer to him. Why am I doing this? I miss Dan! I love him and Chris and both of them are far from my reach, and here I am grasping onto Peej?!

We pass a short brown-haired woman at a cash register, and go to the sodas.

We buy way too much candy, crisps and soda, and finally go to the register, letting the lady, Alice- according to her nametag- scan our items.

"You guys are pretty cute," she smiles.

"We aren't a couple, like uh- I mean we-"

"I guess you could consider us a couple, its just not official yet," PJ interrupts me.

"I'm sorry, can I see your guys' tattoos?! I just love all the different designs! Its a bad habit of mine to ask everyone that."

"We don't have matching tattoos, but I guess you can see them." I shrug.

I watch PJ pull up his shirt sleeve to reveal flames in a ring on his wrist, and I pull down the neck of my shirt to show the kitten.

As she sees my tattoo she freezes and quickly bags our items, running to the back.

"Dan!" She yells, opening the storage room in the back.

"Shit" I hear PJ say under his breath.

"Go. Go go go go go!!!" I scream at him, and he grabs our bags and we run out the door, speeding away in his car.

"Why are you so scared? You said you two were broken up," he ponders.

"I mean, I think he still loves me, and I love him, but-"

"How do you even know that's Dan Howell she's talking about? How do you know she's seen his tattoo?"

"I was just guessing by the look on her face!" I start to panic. "Dan can't know we're together! He can't!!!" I scream at him.

"Jesus, Phil! Calm down!"

"DAN CANT KNOW ABOUT US!"

"CALM. THE. FUCK. DOWN." He screams at me, blindly searching a bag and throwing an energy drink at me.

"Ow..." I say quietly, rubbing my shoulder and opening the drink.

"It'll be fine, Phil. You and Dan are separated, it doesn't matter how he feels towards you. He broke up with you anyways."

I feel my body relax, and take another sip of the sweet liquid. "Okay, okay. Whatever you say."

We ride in silence all the way back to his house, and then he films a video while I make us lunch.

After about thirty minutes, he emerges from his room. "Here you go, what's your video about?" I hand him a plate filled with sandwiches and crisps.

"Thanks. It was a Q and A, would you like to watch the whole thing with me before I edit it?"

"Why not? Sounds amusing."

"Well, maybe for you. Someone dared me to jump on my bed and I hit the ceiling and fell."

"So that's what that noise was!?" I yell, and we both burst out in laughter.

"Ye-es!" He says through his chuckles.

We stay like that for a few seconds before he puts down his plate.

"You look so adorable when you laugh, you know that?"

"I thought it didn't mean anything, PJ."

"It didn't. But this will." He leans in and kisses me, wrapping his arms around my neck, pulling my body into his. I kiss back, gently places my hands around his waist and biting his lip lightly.

He quietly moans, making me smirk and grab his hand, walking him into his bedroom.

After an hour of pure bliss, Peej turns to me and wipes my forehead.

"That," he pants, "that meant something."

"God I hope it did, that was the first time I've been submissive, you know that?"

"The fans always knew you were a top." He chuckles, and I playfully slap his arm.

We lay like that for a long time, and he eventually falls asleep with me wrapped up in his warm arms.

I don't know how to feel about anything.

How to feel about what that cashier told Dan, about Chris, about PJ, or about what this means.

He said it meant something this time. What, though? For me, I think it made me actually start to like him. Like, a like that could easily turn to love or an actual relationship. When he smiled at me earlier, I could see something in his eyes. I'm not sure if it was love or regret, but it sure was something.

I finally fall asleep, at 1 AM. I miss Dan. I miss Chris.

I want to tell Dan how I feel, and how I'm unsure about how I feel. Sadly, these tattoos link us together until the end, even if we don't want them to. I wanted to share a tattoo with someone else many times, but now I want to be one of the people who don't have a tattoo. One of the outcasts, or forgotten ones. One of the people who get to choose their future, who don't have their entire life planned out for them.

A/N

WOAH! PJ and Phil are a thing (?) Now! How do you feel about that?! What do you think Alice told Dan, and how will he react to it?! DUN DUN DUNNN!

Well, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, it was a bit challenging to write. Please vote and comment, it really helps me out! Thanks! ^~^