𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐈𝐕

❝ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐙 𝐀 𝐓 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍 ❞

"Would you like chocolate flavor instead?" Annie asked Armin through the phone, trying to replace the unavailable strawberry flavor that he wanted. She looked thoroughly through the shelves, making sure she could obtain the flavor that would make him the happiest. She traced her fingertips through the upper shelf as she held a basket full of delights on her other arm.

"I wouldn't mind chocolate. Make it quick. I want to...See you, Annie." Annie found herself smiling at Armin's reply when she looked at the convex mirror at the upper corner of the grocery aisle. She left the snack area and quickened her pace towards the cashier. While in line, she observed the people around her. She mostly saw children tugging on their mother's shirt as their mothers pushed on shopping carts. She found herself imagining that kind of portrait, going shopping with her future children to buy groceries and coming home to cook dinner for the family. While in a daze, she noticed a pair of eyes gradually look down on her stomach.

"Miss, you can go first." The kind man went behind Annie and bowed to show respect to the pregnant woman. Annie is in the early months of her pregnancy and a baby bump is already protruding from her stomach. Annie smiled as she gently held her bump and bowed to the man to show her gratefulness before taking his place. She wasn't used to this kind of treatment but during this time she was grateful for this privilege due to the fact that she could exit the grocery mall earlier and finally see her husband quicker. Once the cashier scanned and packed all the things she've bought, she rode the bus back to the place where her husband was. Swinging her hands happily as she walked down the hallway towards Armin's room.

It has been half a year since Annie said yes to Armin's proposal. She was taken aback from the information however, she realized that there was no time left to waste trying to grieve about it. She knew she wasn't powerful enough to take his pain away. Only God knows how many times she spent kneeling down praying to not take her lover away. How fate messed up with them after giving them a taste of real love. How unfair the world is for not giving them enough time to adore each other and their future family.

They wasted not a single drop of second in marrying each other and creating plans for the far future. Annie was determined to marry Armin despite knowing that his days were numbered. All she wanted was to spend the remaining days caring for him, enjoying his presence while it was still right in front of her. She wanted him to know that she wouldn't have any regrets on her choice of marrying him. She keeps up a strong facade in front of him but she wasn't ready for him to leave her just yet. She loved him a little too much.

Months after Armin proposed and how their happiness raised over the days, was when his health started to decline every passing week until he was finally admitted to the hospital. Everything was going too fast, but until he loses his remaining breath, they must keep on living life happily and full of adoration. Annie noticed the changes that went through her lover's body. How much she wished that the pain be transferred to her instead. He was still Armin, but his skin almost as white as the first snow, clung unto his bones. His warm lips turned into dry ones and his eyes which were always wide open were now beginning to have a hard time opening wide.

These changes that she knew were inevitable and a part of the process of him leaving her behind this cruel world. She can't help but shed a tear every time visiting hours ended. She just wanted more time. She needed enough time. She wanted to stop the seasons from moving on. She wanted to stop the leaves from withering, the snow from forming, and the rain from falling. Was that too much to ask for? She was just a lady of the night who lived most of her life in despair so why... Why can't the world give her enough time to be happy with the man who treated her with much worthy and respect? She wasn't asking for money and material things. She just wanted more months, and wouldn't complain if she was given more years.