Chapter 3 - Strange fight

11 Survivors

11 Survivors.

I still can't believe they're both dead. I don't want to go through this again. What does mastermind even want?! Why is he putting us through all this?! I am so lost.. How many of us will have to perish before we can escape? If we ever get to that point.. Why hasn't the police come to get us out of this hell yet? Ruruka and Midori were still sobbing. No wonder they each lost someone they loved. I took a deep breath to calm down. Otherwise I would not be able to think properly.. I still have a lot to do on the computer so now is not the time to panic! Ah but it's true.. The other crazy one has my key. While the elevator was still going up, I was heading towards Mariko. As long as we're surrounded, she shouldn't do the same kind of scene I did last time..

"Give me back my keys!" I said in a more violent tone than I wanted.

"Huh?"

"Don't play innocent! You said earlier that you stole my keys!"

"Oh .. I.. Yes, of course!" she replied, holding them out, avoiding my gaze. I really don't understand her. Why does she look so scared? She'd almost make me sad like that. Anyway, it's not my problem, I can't relive what happened the other day, no way!

Once the doors of the elevator were open, everyone left on their own. Nobody really wanted to talk, we all needed a little time alone. I was then heading to my room, so I wouldn't be too bothered by anyone tonight.

"Fuck!!!" I shouted. The computer disappeared, of course! Why does she keep putting obstacles in my way. That means I have to go and find her pfff. Well, I have no choice, I can't leave that in her hands. As I was leaving my room, someone approached me.

"H-hey Asao." It was Eiichiro, rubbing his neck with his nose rolled-up.

"You need help?" I asked him.

"Nah.. I.. I wanted to thank you!" he whispered. "You know, for not telling the others.. You almost got into a big mess because of me, I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter." I smiled. "They finally let me go."

"Yeah. But I still feel guilty."

"You don't have to worry, really! But if you want to redeem yourself." I said with a big smile on my face. He then looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed, completely lost. "Mariko stole stuff from me and .. It's a bit awkward, but she scares me! So, would you come with me to find her? If someone is there, she should behave correctly!"

"Pfff, that's all?" he laughed. "I saw her go into her room earlier, let's go?"

He is a master in the art of changing his mood quickly.. Well, this time, it's a good thing. Once at Mariko's door, I raised my fist to knock, but I couldn't.. seeing that I was having trouble, Eiichiro took the initiative to knock in my place. Well, no choice now..

"W-what's going on?" she panicked.

"Stop playing dumber than you are! The computer!" I really can't keep my cool with her..