Chapter 4 - The singing knell bell

8 survivors

8 survivors.

"I've surpassed myself this time, I think that none of my other me have ever thought of a double performance before, Upupupu~ Well not what he told me anyway! All right, who's next?"

"Let's go!" said Kaori.

In the elevator, all we could hear was Riku sniffing. Everything that just happened seems to be way harder for her than the rest of us. As if we're getting used to all this mess. I don't like that at all. I hope Chihiro has some good news. Why hasn't he managed to do anything yet?

"Dear, please, could you stop sniffing?" Nobuyuki complained as the elevator was still climbing.

"I'm sorry.. I .. Sniff.. But Masato.. And.. Why does it go on.. I don't want to lose any more friends!!!" Her tears began to flow again and she hid her face in her hands.

"Are you proud of yourself? Now she's crying!" Eiichiro became angry. 

Nobuyuki turned to him and looked down directly."Were you talking to me?" he replied with a big smile, tapping his cane on the ground, which made Eiichiro flinch.

"Please.. Calm down." Added Kaori. "It is not by feeding tensions that we will get out of here."

"She's right.." Approved Ruruka. "It ended badly the last time some people argued.. We can't let this kind of thing happen again!"

"Especially if it's to get someone else in the middle of the shots." Midori looked her right in the eye.

I didn't know there were tensions between the two of them. But that's understandable. Aran would not have perished if Ruruka and Seiko had not quarreled..

"My apologies, but even if we collaborate for the same purpose. We remain enemies in this game. Trusting others is terribly dangerous. You won't change my mind about that."

"No.. We're allies! And we're going to do everything we can to get out of here! We need to trust each other!" yelled Riku, still crying.

"You are oh so naive, dear. I am convinced that we each have informations that we keep to ourselves about this game. Whatever the reason is. And you'd like to trust that kind of person?"

Everyone was looking at each other at the end of his sentence. There was now some sort of discomfort. Do they really have stuff they're hiding? What the hell do they know? I mean, I'm not telling them about Chihiro, but..

"I don't care!" yelled Riku again. "I trust everyone! If someone is really keeping information, it has to be for a good cause. I will always believe in everyone! Even you!"

Nobuyuki sighed and then had a small grin."You've naivety will eventually be the end of you."

At the end of his sentence, the doors opened and he went out first. He's surprisingly fast and all that without losing his presence.