Chapter 2

I knew them to well. I know they won't stop until I've done what they want me to do. Only problem with that is there is no guard dog around, and no one to help if there's trouble.

"I'll do it but only if you promise me one thing." I say in my highest voice.

"And what's that," Fuzz questioned me with a squeaky voice.

I replied "if I need help one of you will get a mother or father. Non of you will jump in to help me because if I need help then you will need help to."

The biggest, Lightning, quickly added "how would tou know that I wouldn't be able to save you. Your the runt, and im stronger than you."

"Well you can risk your life saving a runt but I simply will not!" Rose was not at all like Lightning. All she really cared about was herself, Lightning wanted save the other dogs and become famous.

As I got ready to swim I saw Thorn and Spike heading into the woods. Thorn and Spike usually are the quiet ones out of our family. They like to walk off when there's commotion going on.

"Hey guys," I said as I raced to them, "Sandy said to stay here she'll be right back."

"We know" Thorn said in a yawn "we were just heading to the shade to take a nap till she gets back." Then they turned and kept going. Something tells me they weren't because they kept looking back over thier shoulders to see if I was still watching.

I headed back to the river and put a paw in then I put another in. Lightning and Rose were still saying why they would or wouldn't rescue me. They weren't even watching, or at least not until they heard a big splash. I had jumped into the refreshing water. It was cold but felt good on my black and white coat.

"She actually jumped!" Lightning was so surprised.

"I dont care what she did she got me wet!" Rose was mad and I knew what was coming next. Alfa.

I went back up to shore, went to the trees a little and shook all the water off my fur. The sun felt like a lightbulb touching me, and it felt like I was burning up under all the heat.

"That doesn't acttually count only because you didn't go in far enough."Lightning said in a flash. "Do it again or it dousn't count."

The sky started darkening. The clouds became heavy, not like cotton balls anymore. A rabbit ran back to his hole to get to safety, that's how we know its about to rain. Then it started down pouring.

"If you're going to do it today you might as well do it now," Lightning said as Rose led the others under a tree away from the rain. Lightning dashed after them and I was left in the rain all by myself.

They found a spot where they could still see me and watched with big eyes. Staring at me they watched me go to the river's bank. One paw then the other, I kept saying to myself, just like before.

I got in went to where I could still touch. I lifted my paw then another. With my back feet i pushed off the land. Before I knew it I couldn't touch. "See guys I ca...," I was falling under the water. The last thing i saw was thier teriffied faces. Now all I can see is blue surrounding me getting darker. I push my legs as hard as I can till i can't feel them at all. I don't know this feeling but I'm running out of breath. My chest feels heavy and it burns. My eyes closing and I can't see anything at all.