Chapter 6

Another week pasted and while summer was c omming to an end Sky and Dash were closer than ever. Any time Dash went out her brought her back prey in return for being gone. They often went out together to go on patrols or hunt together.

Sky and Dash sat quietly on the cold, hard grass. They were waiting for something special. The life of new pups. Daisy was having pups inside the den a couple gaps away. Alfa and the others were sitting near the cave entrance while Sun the pups father was pacing back and forth. His face was lit with excitement and joy. Although he was brave and strong he looked like a pup lost from his mother but was sertain he would find her again.

Suddenly the pack's medicine dog, Dust, came out with a tiny white pup in his mouth. Sun ran over and liked it feriosly. "So how many are there? Whats thier names? Is Daisy all right, are the others all right?" Sun asked his emotions changing to almost everything.

"Everything is fine," he reassured him, "there are three, two girls one boy, no names yet and you can go in now." Sun didnt need to be told he could go in he brushed past Dust and flew into the den. The other wolf's sat outside eagerly waiting thier turn to go inside and check on the pups. "I have a brilliant idea," I whispered to Dash, "what if we brought Daisy a ball of wet moss? She will be thirsty after having pups and won't find a lot of opportunities for her to get out to get water."

"You can get the moss while I get her food," Dash whispered back, "im telling Alfa where were going you go get a ball of moss to bring to the lake."

"Right," I stayed as he slipped away through the crowd of dogs. I found the dry moss across a flat rock near the bank of the lake. I pushed it till it made a ball and grabbed it in my jaws. I dipped my muzzle into the water it was cold but it felt nice. Then a terrible dream, that actually happend, came to my mind. I was drowning.

"Sky! Sky are you ok?" Dashes questions brought me put of my nightmare and I realised I had shrunk away from the lake and was shaking staring at the ground. I got to my paws and shook myself. "Im fine," I called out, "just had a little nightmare that I drowned." I bent down my head and picked up the soaked moss ball. "See ya back at camp," I barked over my shoulder to Dash. He nodded in agreement and went to go hunt.

As I padded back to camp I realised I was near the place Alfa had told me and my family especially not to go to. I had a quick sniff around and found a sent of another pack. They had been here not long ago. I wanted to investigate but I was by myself, didn't have Alfa's command, and had a duty to do, bring back a ball of wet moss for Daisy. With the ball of moss already beganing to dry in this heat I had to start running if u were going to get there in time.

Once I got back to camp I found Dash walking to the den. All the other wolf's had gone off to do thier natural things. Dash had a big rabbit hanging limp in his jaws, blood ran down the side of its neck. I walked along side him and we entered the den. I could hear tiny whimpers and thought of the 3 pups.

"Hi Daisy," Dash said in the darkness, "Sky and I brought you some food and a wet ball of moss. We thought you might need it."

"Thank you!" Daisy exclaimed, "I was getting thirsty and had the thought of leaving my pups with Rose so I could go to the lake and get water, and while I was out I would hunt." We set the ball of moss and food down beside her and she started lapping the water up from the moss ball. We dipped our heads and left the den.

"Alfa, Alfa, where's Alfa," Flow came in with newly scares across his mussel and he was bleeding from a bite on his shoulder and flank.

"What happend, are you ok? Alfa's in his den." Dash said hurriedly. Flow ran so fast he tripped over his own paws. He helped and got back up, he ran torwards his den again but thus time more slowly. Dash and I followed him waiting to see what was going on. Flow went inside and Dash and I sat outside ears perked and we listens silently.

"Alfa were being attacked," Flow said in a whimpering voice, "thier coming here there was to many of them I couldn't fight them off it was like the Alfa brought the whole pack." I was shocked and I held my breath. We could be just sitting here and they could be watching us. I instantly held my nose to the wind to sniff, but couldn't smell anything. I saw Dash doing the same thing.

"Calm down Flow who and where?" Fang said in a calm voice. If I saw his eyes I knew they would show his eagerness to fight and mad for a pack being on his territory.

"Thier coming from the East. Its..... its the Alfa Snow had her pups with, Scar." Flow said scared.