Chapter 5

Two years later

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Fang, Snow has died from sickness on the journey. I thout I would tell you before telling anyone else, even her kids." Flow reported to his leader.

"Verry well then I will tell the rest of the pack tonight, but........"

"Nooooooooooooo," I howled in distress. I couldn't keep it in as soon as I heard the news I couldn't keep it a secret. The rest of the pack, besides Flow and Alfa, jumped to thier paws alert ready to attack. Then stared at their leader with questioning looks.

"Everything's fine," he told them reassuring them in a soothing voice."Sky go back to your sleeping quarters and keep silent."

"I have to tell my brothers and sisters." I pleaded him.

"No I will tell them at sunrise."He siad in a low growl.

I stalked off before I could hear the rest of his answer. My eyes were clouded with grief and pain. My heart felf heavy and my feet felt like stone as I draged them to take me back to my sleeping quarters. My tail low to the ground. I knew I couldn't wait for my brothers and sisters to hear, so I told Alfa we were going hunting. Only so I could take them to a place where Fang, and the others, wouldn't hear their howling.

I took them to a field were they could run around all they wanted. After a while of hunting i sat them down to tell the the news.

The smell of fresh rabbit, mice, and sparrow came to my mind, but I wasn't hungry to eat. I was to heartbroken. "Alright do you promise not to howl to loud or to tell anyone I told you this until Alfa says it to the rest of the pack," I whispered the words hardly escaping my mouth. I prepared myself for questions.

"I thought we were going hunting," exclaimed Rose.

"What's this about," ever since they had been held hostage Lightning was thier leader. He told them plans to get back, like putting thier sent mark beyond the camp boundaries.

"I need to tell you something that I can not explain." Mabey it was better if they found out at the meeting.

Sky's eyes clouded with fear, her body trembling like she had witnessed her mothers death. Her fear sent warning the others in alarm. "Sky tell me what's going on now!" Lightning called trying to get words out of her. All Sky could do is through her head back and howl.

"Bear!" She howled at the top of her lungs. They brown ball of fur whipped its head around and stared right into her eyes. His eyes challenging. He threw himself on his hind legs and gave the most scariest roar he could. Then he charged strait at them.

"Lets go," called Lightning over his shoulder. He was already hurdling himself torward camp. The rest of us flew after him our powerful legs pounding the ground. Every pawstep made Sky's heart race faster. "Bear," Lightning yelled again once they reached the camp. They all rushed out in a defensive line in front of the camp. Thier mussels tensed and teeth barred with a vicious snarl.

The bear came rampaging in, skitted to a halt and sniffed the air. Its big black eyes grew in horror as he saw how many dogs thier were and smelt more coming. He gave a warning roar saying he wasn't done with us and he'd be back later. He turned around with a grunt and dashed off before any of them could attack.

The line waited till they couldn't see him anymore before going back to thier own business. "Alfa," Lightning said panting "we were in the field and he just came out of nowhere."

"Okay, next time be more careful though," he called over his shoulder as he went to his den. Sky definitely liked her Alfa. He was nice and caring for his pack, and yet at the same time he was powerful and alert. He would fight anyone who didn't have a good reason to come on his land. Sky's mom never told her, or any other of her sibling, Alfa wasn't thier real Alfa. Her mother never liked the other Alfa the one they left behind. That's why when Fang came to them she didn't exactly fight, she knew if the pups remembered they wouldn't have said "she went willingly." She did some what fight she argued and that was enough for her.

Thier territory was on of the prettiest. To the East they had a field, the South had a beach with a giant, beautiful lake with a river running off of it that went strait though thier camp. To the North was a forest where it was best to hunt. To the West was a flower forest, any where they went they were most likely to find prey.

When they were taken here there was pups thier age. There were 3, two boys and one girl. The girls name was Flower. Her brothers names were Dash and Ash. While growing up Dash had spent most of his time with Sky and they knew each other well. Sky loved hunting and running, feeling the wind run through her fur amazed her. Dash admired that. He was a black and white wolf with sharp teeth. He loved Sky's eyes and secretly had a crush on her and not even his brother knew about his crush. He just hoped she liked him back.