Chapter 20

*Jake's POV*

I was in work this morning when I saw Autumn and her MOM come in.

What the heck are they doing here?

They come up to me and her mom started talking.

"Hey Jake. Long time, no see. How are you doing?" she asked.

"Fine, I guess. Why are you guys here? I thought you're in Cali." I said.

"We're just here for a vacation. Now mom, can you tell me who he is?" she asked.

Tell me who I am??? What the freak is going on here?! Did she hit her her or something?!

"His name is Jake. You guys used to be really good friends."

More like bestfriends!

"Oh ok. I hope we can hang out sometime, Jake." she told me.

What the heck just happened?!

"Jake, can I talk to you for a second? " her mom asked.

"Sure. I guess. There's no one reslly ordering right now." I said.

We went to a corner and she said. "Ok looke Jake. Autumn had an amnesia about 5 years ago. And it's because of you. She was crying and can barely get up her bed. She was so sad to leave you. So one day, while she said she was just gonna go outside. Then hours later, she got git by a car. And I'm 100 percent sure that it's because if you. Because you're the only person she can think of that time."

"All I can say is that I'm so sorry." I said.

"The only thing that you can do for me is to STAY AWAY from my daughter!" she yelled while still whispering.

"Ok ma'am. I'll do whatever for her." I said.

What?! Why would I stay away from her? She doesn't even know who I am!

She just headed out the door leaving Autumn inside the cafe.

"I'll see you then, I guess." Autumn said smiling.

She walked out the door and I didn't even said a word.

I just froze there until one of my co-workers interrupted my thoughts.

"Psssttt.. You better get back to work before the manager sees you...." he warned me.

"Oh yeah. Thanks." I said.

I just worked pretty much the rest of the afternoon and did some school work when I got home.

And after that, I just went to my friend's house to play basketball and just hang there for the rest of the night.

Author's note:
Thank you so much guys for reading my book! I will update more as soon as I can. What do you guys think of the book so far?

Instagram : nightowl0708
Twitter: nightowl078