Prologue

Song
A Pearl - Mitski

"Well there's only one problem! Who's gonna defuse the bomb? It's gotta be one or the other Batman. Save the city, or catch your greatest enemy! You can't do both!"

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

"You can't do both? I said-"

"No, I mean the other thing"

"Save the city, or catch your greatest enemy?"

"You think you're my greatest enemy?"

"YES, your obsessed with me!"

"Pff-No, I'm not"

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not"

"YES YOU ARE! Who else drives you to one up them the way that I do?"

"Bane"

"No, he doesn't!"

"Superman."

"Superman's not a bad guy!"

"Then I'd say I don't currently have A bad guy. I am fighting a few different people."

"What?"

"I like to fight around"

"Ok look. I'm ok with you fighting other people, if you want to do that. But what we have is special. So when other people ask you who's your number one bad-guy, you say?"

"Superman."

"Are you seriously saying that there is nothing- nothing special about our relationship?"

"Woah. Let me tell you something, Jay bird. Batman doesn't do ships."

"What?"

"As in, relationships."

Wait-

"There is no us."

No-

"Batman and Joker are not a thing."

What-

"I don't need you."

No no no no-

"I don't need anyone."

No-

"You mean nothing to me."

NO!-

"No one does."

...

I hope you enjoyed the prologue!!! Big thanks to Losty for helping a ton with this! Their @ is 'Lostjokes' on most platforms go check them out!! (They made the cover art!💚)

Don't forget to vote and comment!! I can't wait to write more on this series!! And I hope you love reading it as much as much as I loved writing it!! See y'all soon!!!