Chapter 3

Song
Stressed out - twenty one pilots

At the moment the well known celebrity, Bruce Wayne, is dressed as a very well known vigilante, Batman, and is currently located below the mansion and no one has a clue, except for one person.

Alfred Pennyworth.

He also just so happened to be the closest thing to family that Bruce has, and of corse just like all people Bruce has remotely cared about; Bruce tends to act emotionally disconnected around him.

At the moment Alfred is grouting the tiles in one of the mansions many bathrooms, and thinking of ways to get Bruce to be more open with people, and of all the places Bruce has to attend that day due to his state as the most well known billionaire in Gotham.

-

Batman had just arrived home, he had been sitting in his personal theater in his mansion for at least an hour by now and is watching a movie.

Serendipity. one of his favorites, he used to laugh nonstop at all of the heartfelt and romantic bits but ... something is different.

Ever since he diffused the bomb he started to get a nagging feeling that he had done something wrong.

He needed to think things through.

Just after finishing the movie he began to roam throughout the mansion, up and down stairs, In and out of an elevator, through one of the kitchens and into big open rooms. He still couldn't quite put his finger on it.

'Did I do something? Say somethin-'

He realized where he was. Many pictures hung on the wall he subconsciously stared at until he saw one in particular.

A family photo

It was taken many years ago, there was dust prevalent on the old frame.

He remembered after the incident he would wish every day as a kid that things would have ended differently. He used to stay up late nights constantly hoping he could have his parents back and that one day they would come through the mansions doors once again and wake him from this terrible nightmare.

They never did

No matter how much he wished, hoped, dreamed, or even cried.

They would never come back.

No matter how many times he'd lock himself in their old room and beg that things should have ended differently.

They would never come back.

No matter how many times he'd refuse to leave the mansion thinking that he would miss the  door bell or a knock at the door when they arrive.

THEY WOULD NEVER COME BACK!

He eventually came to that conclusion after a few years, It just ... stuck with him.

Batman had been starring at the picture for a while now. He had a tendency to get caught up in the flood of emotions whenever he passed this wall, he never liked it, but it's a good way to see how far he's come, and how he totally wasn't starting to feel extremely sad.