Chapter Two: Not So StarStruck

Nikki’s POV

I wake up to something that is definitely not my alarm. I rub my eyes and roll over trying to figure out what I just heard. I look over at my clock first and I’m pretty sure it says 3:30am. Why the heck am I even awake right now...? I roll over again, pick my phone, and realize I have 7 missed calls and over 100 messages in the group chat I have with Sarah and Lexi. I groan, the constant vibrates must have been what woke me up. I’m so stupid I knew I should have just turned it off last night. But I wonder what even happened, did someone like die or something? My phone starts vibrating again and surprise surprise, it’s another call from Lexi. I decide to just answer it because I mean the sooner she tells me whatever she needs to tell me, the sooner I can go back to bed. I slide my phone open to answer the call.

“You realize it’s literally 3am and I was nicely asleep? This better-” but before I can even finish my sentence Lexi starts screaming in my ear.

“KEATON STROMBERG REBLOGGED YOUR VID ON TUMBLR AND THEN TWEETED ABOUT IT. NIKKI THAT MEANS HE WATCHED IT, HE FREAKING KNOWS WHO YOU ARE AND PROBABLY THINKS YOU’RE SO TALENTED!” It takes me a few seconds to register what she’s saying and what she’s even talking about.

“Wait you mean that kid from that band or whatever?” I ask yawning.

“DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND IT’S NOT WHATEVER! KEATON STROMBERG FROM EMBLEM3 TWEETED YOUR VID TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!” Then it really starts to hit me. And now I’m pissed. Now everyone in the freaking world can and probably will watch a stupid YouTube video of my singing. Everyone I go to school with is gonna see it and think I did the whole thing for attention or something. My whole family is gonna be so confused, they don’t even know that I can sing. I drop my phone and just scream into my pillow. Why did I even upload it in the first place! I pick up my phone from the ground.

“Lexi you’re kidding right? Is this a big, super early April fools joke or something? I think this is illegal on this kid’s part, can I sue him?”

“No! What the heck Nikki! This could literally make you famous!”

“I don’t want to be famous, I just want to sleep”

“You need to thank him Nik.”

“EW no. I have nothing to thank him for except making my life much more difficult.”

“Oh shutup, he did you a favor and FYI he followed you on twitter so I suggest checking your DMs, cause he’s known to DM fans.” What the hell how did he even find my twitter, this kid just sounds like a straight up stalker that’s literally all there is to it.

“So what, he’s known to get fan’s twitter and flirt with them then just forget them the next day? Yeah that’s exactly what I need right now.” I’m just getting over a tough breakup. I was going out with this kid for like 3 months then I found out he was cheating on me with our school’s well-known slut. But that’s completely besides the point.

“Fine, don’t look now but you’re video’s got over 100,000 views and you’ve probably got messages on messages everywhere. Just think about it Nik, sleep on it then talk to him. You never know what could happen.”

“Oh I know what will happen, he’s just another teen pop star, and let me tell you they’re all little divas. And if for some reason, he picked this week to like me, I mean he can like me all he wants but he sure as hell better not expect anything back.”

“Jesus, you’ve never even met this kid and you’re acting like he’s the biggest ass hole you’ve ever met!”

“Well honestly from now on I’m just gonna expect the worst, so I don’t get crushed again.” I hear her sigh on the other end.