Chapter Six: Comfort Zones

Keaton’s POV

“Do ya think Nikki’s actually gonna be good?” I ask Wes as all three of us are grabbing our boards and head out of our apartment.

“Psht I doubt it, how good could a chick from the east coast be? She’s probably decent for over there, but she’s gonna get a beating- Cali style” Drew and Wes crack up but I just shrug. She seemed pretty confident, honestly I hope she beats Wes.

“I’m just hope she kills ya so we get the free dinner” I say with a laugh.

“Classic Keaton always thinking about food!” Drew shouts dropping his board and skating in front of us. We both do the same and start down the street towards the pier. I feel my pocket vibrate and I pull it out, slowing down my skating a bit and see a text from Nikki.

‘Uh so I’m at a pier and I think it’s the right one.. Are you guys there yet?’

I grin reading it; she’s so not used to the West Coast. But before I can answer I hear Wes yell out.

“NIKKKKKKI PREPARE TO BE TAKEN DOWNNN” Well looks like they found her first. I skate up behind them and hop off the board and smile at her. She smiles back and waves.

“Hey Keaton!”

“What’s up Nikki?” I grin. Her smile is perfect and she looks so cute and I’m pretty positive she does it without even trying. Wes and Drew are just staring at us and I feel awkward as anything but I don’t think Nikki even notices.

“Oh ya know, just getting ready to kill your brother at this to score us a free dinner.”

“Woahhhhh there little girl someone’s a little to cocky for my liking” Wes says before I can even respond.

“I could say the same about you, you just think I’m gonna suck cause I’m a girl”

“I so never said that!” Nikki smirks and shrugs.

“It’s basically implied, trust me I get it a lot back home”

My shoulders sink a little. Me and Wes are literally both idiots, for all we know she could have a boyfriend back home. Now that I think of it, I’d be completely surprised if she was single.

“I think you two need to stop with the trash talk and show us what you got” Drew says walking in between them. I nod in agreement and Nikki looks over at me and gives me a thumbs up.

“Let’s do this!” She says excitedly and starts to follow Drew over towards the sidewalk then turns around and looks at me. “Quick hug for good luck?” I notice her blush a little and I grin walking over to her.

“Of course, don’t need to ask me twice.” I bring her in for a huge hug and I turn and whisper in her ear.

“Beat his sorry ass for me okay?” She grins laughing and nods in to my shoulder.

“For you, and for the free food” I smile as I let go of her.

“That’s what I like to hear, you so got this Nikki!”

“I hope so!” Wes just stares at us and clears his throat obnoxiously.

“Alright children let’s go, Nikki I’m going to be a gentleman and let you go first. There’s nothing you can do that I can’t do.” I watch her glare at Wes then drop her board.

“Oh we’ll see about that now won’t we”

---